Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matchmaking / Ratings
Hello, I started racing on SRS servers yesterday and it feels like there is some sort of rating-based matchmaking.
My current rating is 218.954, incident avg 1.5. I'm not very fast, therefore 4 wins and 7 podiums out of 8 starts seem super weird. Will I be racing faster drivers as my rating increases? Also, how is incident avg. calculated?
Sorry for the noob questions. Thx
Incident average counts any contact with another car or the environment, averaged per race.

Rating increases gradually, especially in the lower splits. You can get into the top server by joining races that are less well attended (6-15 opponents)
Rating can increase or decrease based on your "performace" in races
I remember when I was new at SRS that I won a race where I barely made it to the finish because I didn't put enough fuel into the car. I was easily 30 seconds slower on the last lap and still won.

Now I win like two races a year Big Grin

So yeah, having a better rating will make you race against faster people. It just takes some time. Like two weeks or so.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020