Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lotus 98T track guides
Yup. The forum is nice but the conversation part of it is just for us nerds and probably will always be just for us nerds. Everybody else only ends up here when they have a problem.

At iRacing it's not that different, in my opinion. It's just that for some series you have to check the forum so you know when the races are. That's not necessary here.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(05-18-2020, 02:29 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Again... forum user to SRS member ratio is probably waaay on the small side. At least it certainly seems that way on the track most races. Hell, most people probably start up Assetto Corsa (not even Content Manager!), click on the SRS tab, find the next race, and register. They read none of it. They don't open this site in a browser, they don't look at (or even know about) Shoutbox or the Discord server. They just installed the SRS app, and click through to race. That's it.

I don't have any actual numbers to back this up, but I bet those numbers exist! And until everyone on a server behaves perfectly, understands how to qualify like a sane person, doesn't wreck into folks after the finish line, and only registers if they can do 10+ clean laps with the current car/track combo, I'm going to stand by my hypothesis that we here on the forums are what you call a "vocal minority" that are just talking into our own little echo chamber.

well yeh, so my only point is some very basic hints and promotion would help....i never bothered looking at these forums myself - firstly, the fact that its not even a separate heading at the top, but under 'SUPPORT' (?). Secondly - take that Chevrette ARC championship that was running a few weeks back - i checked it out on the downloads, saw it was a paymod, and thought 'oh i cba with that'. ..... its only when i started using these forums recently to post my videos that i noticed SRS had a code to purchase that mod on discount!    They really don't help their own cause - they could have had a little infographic in the championship box saying 'DISCOUNT CODE ON FORUM' or something.....
The fact that there's actually some people playing assetto corsa on SRS is great, i'm sure if the Forum was correctly 'advertised' on the site itself it would do a lot better.

(05-18-2020, 06:54 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Yup. The forum is nice but the conversation part of it is just for us nerds and probably will always be just for us nerds. Everybody else only ends up here when they have a problem.

At iRacing it's not that different, in my opinion. It's just that for some series you have to check the forum so you know when the races are. That's not necessary here.
Oh believe me, as someone who as immersed myself in the iracing world the past 2 months, i can tell you its All nerds.  Big Grin 
They've become a critical part of each of the current series they run now, each car has its own race thread with a naming convention and a load of info about the series - number of laps, fuel, laptime targets etc... admiteddly it doesn't seem to help as the average skill levels/field spreads/race accidents are the same as on here to be honest.
Here's my ultra low downforce Monza setup, I can get a 01:28:5xx in Q trim and a 01:31:3xx in race trim.
Change the aero to your liking, more wing might be a bit quicker.

And don't ruin your race by starting on Q tires like I did ...

Code:
[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=9

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=2

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
VALUE=100

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_LF]
VALUE=230

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_LR]
VALUE=200

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_RF]
VALUE=230

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_RR]
VALUE=200

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-20

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-8

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-20

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-8

[CAR]
MODEL=lotus_98t

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=11

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=3

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=11

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=3

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=10

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=15

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=10

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=15

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=40

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=70

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=40

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=70

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=14

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=5

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=14

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=5

[DIFF_COAST]
VALUE=35

[DIFF_POWER]
VALUE=60

[DIFF_PRELOAD]
VALUE=15

[ENGINE_LIMITER]
VALUE=108

[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=1

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=52

[FUEL]
VALUE=53

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=4

[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=3

[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=6

[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=9

[INTERNAL_GEAR_6]
VALUE=13

[INTERNAL_GEAR_7]
VALUE=15

[PACKER_RANGE_LF]
VALUE=35

[PACKER_RANGE_LR]
VALUE=60

[PACKER_RANGE_RF]
VALUE=35

[PACKER_RANGE_RR]
VALUE=60

[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=19

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=19

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=20

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=19

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=6

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=5

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=6

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=5

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=100

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=75

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=100

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=75

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=10

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=3

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=10

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=3

[TURBO]
VALUE=10

[TYRES]
VALUE=1

[WING_1]
VALUE=0

[WING_2]
VALUE=1

[__EXT_PATCH]
VERSION=0.1.51
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I would recomend running a bit more wing, i did 4 4 and that is already pretty unstable in fast corners like parabolica and variante ascari and you will loose much more time trying to get the power on the road than gain on the straights, also risk of violent snap is much higher and even if you catch it there is good chance the following tankslaper will send you off to the wall.
Yes, I didn't have much time for practice this week. I got the faster lap times with less wing by pure chance I guess.

Still amazing how this car still gets around the corners with 0 1 wings at Monza. Absolutely unimanginable at other tracks.

I noticed that with other cars too though. I kind of suspect Kunos gave Monza more grip than other tracks.
Hey everybody,

New here, thanks for the track guides, helped me for my first 2 races at Monza, still not fast enough but any help is welcome.

What are your thought for SPA, I am thinking to run a higher downforce/wings setup there, but I am not really an expert so not so sure.

Noob question, how does the incident average works? I had two pretty clean races, but I had small bumps while lapping a car in Monza, does that count too?
Some side-by-side bumps are not counted, probably because of low force of impact.
Sorry can't help you with Spa setups  Shy  but try comparing high and low settings to see what feels comfortable.
You wanna run higher wing than in monza, i would say 8 or 9.
Thanks Rob and MIchal, I will try how it goes, running higher at 12 atm, will see how it is lower
High downforce almost at the maximum could work as well at Spa. It's pretty much personal preference, I think.