Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lotus 98T track guides
I was about half a second faster with Ted's setup than I was with yours or mine (which are pretty much the same). I'm carrying about 10km/h more through Copse and still have about the same top speed on the straights. The longer gears make accelarating easier.

Using 6th gear only as a kind of overdrive gear is genious, especially since you lose speed while changing gears with that car.

Do you guys care much about tire pressure? Both your tire pressures are about 2psi too much for me, at least according to the Sidekick app. Or is it just because you actually know how to drive?
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Speed trough copse is mainly higher aero(counts for all the high speed corners), but you get a bit lower speed on straights and also a bit slower acceleration but on the other hand when accelerating from medium speed corners you get a bit better traction. As for the tyre 2 psi lower might be a bit better in slower corners but you will loose a bit on straights, and also have a bit higher tyre temps but surelly its ok to have it set to 15. Its not that much of a differnce. This car can be set in many different ways and still be simmilar speed over the whole lap, so i would say the best way to set it is so that it handles the way you like because that will make you consistent and overall faster.

And also that you are about 0.5 faster with Ted's setup that may be just due to limiter set to 108%, with my setup its set to 100 so the engine doesnt get any damage unless you intentionally raise the turbo. That means that i will have longer time for full turbo when necessary.
(04-25-2020, 11:12 AM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  its not about setup  Smile my setup is totaly different, like different universe, rolbars,cambers, diff and even wings, and it doesnt really help if someone else gets the setup, he will still do the same laptimes (or worse) like before but now has even more trouble controling the car (because my setup is  really oversteery with fairly low wings). its about practice and understanding how to drive this car.

(04-25-2020, 02:08 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  Speed trough copse is mainly higher aero(counts for all the high speed corners), but you get a bit lower speed on straights and also a bit slower acceleration but on the other hand when accelerating from medium speed corners you get a bit better traction. As for the tyre 2 psi lower might be a bit better in slower corners but you will loose a bit on straights, and also have a bit higher tyre temps but surelly its ok to have it set to 15. Its not that much of a differnce. This car can be set in many different ways and still be simmilar speed over the whole lap, so i would say the best way to set it is so that it handles the way you like because that will make you consistent and overall faster.

And also that you are about 0.5 faster with Ted's setup that may be just due to limiter set to 108%, with my setup its set to 100 so the engine doesnt get any damage unless you intentionally raise the turbo. That means that i will have longer time for full turbo when necessary.

I just wanted to point out that these two posts are contridictory to each other. Either setups are important for driving fast, or they are irrelevant and it is just about understanding the car. Which is it, Mike? Big Grin

(I'm poking fun... I know that setups are very important, especially on squirrely cars like this one, and your first post was you just forgetting that you are better at driving than most).
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Big Grin 
(04-25-2020, 11:12 AM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  its not about setup  Smile my setup is totaly different, like different universe, rolbars,cambers, diff and even wings, and it doesnt really help if someone else gets the setup, he will still do the same laptimes (or worse) like before but now has even more trouble controling the car (because my setup is  really oversteery with fairly low wings). its about practice and understanding how to drive this car. This is what i drove with yesterday, gonna do some small changes for today.

well at least now we've both shared our setups, there's no excuse for people  Cool
hopefully the grid will be a lot closer together next time. 
See you guys at Montreal, can't wait! It's an amazing car to drive.
I am just trying to say, that there is nothing like magic setup that will make someone 3 sec per lap faster. There will be small diferences but mostly in difference how the car performs on different parts of the track(i dont count some trash setups that dont have the basics like gears and reasonable aero settings, those will make you really slow). And in a moment when there is like 0.5s difference in setups over whole lap with car where you can loose 0.5s in 1 corner just by goin little wide, then i really think its not about setups Smile
Here's my setup for Montreal, maybe it suits somebody else too. I got a 01:23:500 in the race, so it can't be all wrong. I took Ted's Silverstone setup as the basis, but I think I changed pretty much everything Big Grin

Code:
[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=9

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=2

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
VALUE=100

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_LF]
VALUE=230

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_LR]
VALUE=200

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_RF]
VALUE=230

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_RR]
VALUE=200

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-20

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-8

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-20

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-8

[CAR]
MODEL=lotus_98t

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=11

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=3

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=11

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=3

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=24

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=36

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=24

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=36

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=75

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=130

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=75

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=130

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=14

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=5

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=14

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=5

[DIFF_COAST]
VALUE=45

[DIFF_POWER]
VALUE=25

[DIFF_PRELOAD]
VALUE=15

[ENGINE_LIMITER]
VALUE=108

[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=1

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=52

[FUEL]
VALUE=55

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=3

[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=2

[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=6

[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=9

[INTERNAL_GEAR_6]
VALUE=10

[INTERNAL_GEAR_7]
VALUE=12

[PACKER_RANGE_LF]
VALUE=35

[PACKER_RANGE_LR]
VALUE=60

[PACKER_RANGE_RF]
VALUE=35

[PACKER_RANGE_RR]
VALUE=60

[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=19

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=19

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=20

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=19

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=0

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=0

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=0

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=0

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=100

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=75

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=100

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=75

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=15

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=4

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=15

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=4

[TURBO]
VALUE=7

[TYRES]
VALUE=1

[WING_1]
VALUE=17

[WING_2]
VALUE=15

[__EXT_PATCH]
=1
VERSION=0.1.51
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Crazy how our setups differ. 

Code:
[ARB_FRONT]
VALUE=12

[ARB_REAR]
VALUE=0

[BRAKE_POWER_MULT]
VALUE=100

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_LF]
VALUE=230

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_LR]
VALUE=200

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_RF]
VALUE=230

[BUMP_STOP_RATE_RR]
VALUE=200

[CAMBER_LF]
VALUE=-18

[CAMBER_LR]
VALUE=-14

[CAMBER_RF]
VALUE=-18

[CAMBER_RR]
VALUE=-14

[CAR]
MODEL=lotus_98t

[DAMP_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=6

[DAMP_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=8

[DAMP_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=6

[DAMP_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=8

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LF]
VALUE=0

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_LR]
VALUE=0

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RF]
VALUE=0

[DAMP_FAST_BUMP_RR]
VALUE=0

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=10

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=11

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=10

[DAMP_FAST_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=11

[DAMP_REBOUND_LF]
VALUE=0

[DAMP_REBOUND_LR]
VALUE=6

[DAMP_REBOUND_RF]
VALUE=0

[DAMP_REBOUND_RR]
VALUE=6

[DIFF_COAST]
VALUE=45

[DIFF_POWER]
VALUE=35

[DIFF_PRELOAD]
VALUE=90

[ENGINE_LIMITER]
VALUE=105

[FINAL_RATIO]
VALUE=1

[FRONT_BIAS]
VALUE=50

[FUEL]
VALUE=50

[INTERNAL_GEAR_2]
VALUE=1

[INTERNAL_GEAR_3]
VALUE=1

[INTERNAL_GEAR_4]
VALUE=5

[INTERNAL_GEAR_5]
VALUE=7

[INTERNAL_GEAR_6]
VALUE=10

[INTERNAL_GEAR_7]
VALUE=12

[PACKER_RANGE_LF]
VALUE=35

[PACKER_RANGE_LR]
VALUE=59

[PACKER_RANGE_RF]
VALUE=35

[PACKER_RANGE_RR]
VALUE=59

[PRESSURE_LF]
VALUE=19

[PRESSURE_LR]
VALUE=17

[PRESSURE_RF]
VALUE=19

[PRESSURE_RR]
VALUE=18

[ROD_LENGTH_LF]
VALUE=4

[ROD_LENGTH_LR]
VALUE=7

[ROD_LENGTH_RF]
VALUE=4

[ROD_LENGTH_RR]
VALUE=7

[SPRING_RATE_LF]
VALUE=90

[SPRING_RATE_LR]
VALUE=105

[SPRING_RATE_RF]
VALUE=90

[SPRING_RATE_RR]
VALUE=105

[TOE_OUT_LF]
VALUE=14

[TOE_OUT_LR]
VALUE=9

[TOE_OUT_RF]
VALUE=14

[TOE_OUT_RR]
VALUE=9

[TURBO]
VALUE=7

[TYRES]
VALUE=1

[WING_1]
VALUE=8

[WING_2]
VALUE=10

[__EXT_PATCH]
=1
VERSION=0.1.46

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...1462279896
i wish i could have taken part this weekend but i stabbed my thumb trying to build a f310b model kit.........what an idiot.
i'll deffo be doing something for next round!
Quote:Crazy how our setups differ.

really looking forward to trying yours Big Grin

I tried less wing for some laps but switched back to high downforce pretty quick and never considered it again. And I didn't have time to adjust the fast bumps, would have made things easier in the chicanes, I suppose.
Those 8 10 wings smell like heavy undernosteer goin straight to wall kinda thing Smile