Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user, oldish geezer!
Hi guys,
I was recommended to come racing here on the Pistonheads real world car forum so have recently joined.  I am not new to sim racing, aged 51 and used to enjoy Gran Turismo in all its various incarnations but I am fairly new to Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2.  I have used a Thrustmaster T500RS racing wheel and pedals set for a while on a Wheelstand Pro wheelstand but until now always had to put my rig up and down in the lounge.  Thanks to some reorganisation of the house I have now put my wheel into a flightsim cockpit and seat I built from Plywood and found it works very well and gives a better seating position than the sofa!
My recent acquisition of an Alienware M15R2 gaming laptop to supplement the big gaming desktop in the lounge has enabled me to move my driving into a dedicated room.  I am a recent convert to VR and prefer racing in my Oculus Rift compared to the 27" monitor fitted to the cockpit.  I'm optimistic about VR technology and suspect that the next generation of VR headsets or maybe even the current HP Reverb may eliminate the screen door effect and lack of resolution in the Oculus.
I'm keen to join in some online racing and plan to start in the current Lotus Evora series.  My main aim is to keep out of trouble and to seek consistent driving even if I am off the pace.  Faster driving can come later!  I've much to learn and look forward to joining you all soon.  I don't tend to tweak my car settings at all and drive stock setups and just wanted to check if most of you spend ages tuning and if there are any good places to download tweaked setups to try and keep up with the rest of you!
Jonathan