Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Livestream server
Hello all,
I noticed races are livestreamed on the sim racing system youtube channel. I think this is really cool!
But which server is livestreamed? I would guess server 1, but how is the selection for server 1 done? I compared server 1 and server 2 of my previous race and noticed the following:
my score: rating: 385.49 - incident average: 2.733 (I was selected for server 2)

An other guys score: rating: 321.662 - incident average: 3.133 (he was selected for server 1)
How is this possible that he was selected for server 1, while I was selected for server 2?
Kind regards,
Tim
Server 1 is broadcasted
https://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php
(04-07-2020, 08:32 PM)Tim Driessen Wrote:  Hello all,
I noticed races are livestreamed on the sim racing system youtube channel. I think this is really cool!
But which server is livestreamed? I would guess server 1, but how is the selection for server 1 done? I compared server 1 and server 2 of my previous race and noticed the following:
my score: rating: 385.49 - incident average: 2.733 (I was selected for server 2)

An other guys score: rating: 321.662 - incident average: 3.133 (he was selected for server 1)
How is this possible that he was selected for server 1, while I was selected for server 2?
Kind regards,
Tim

I think it's because he has a higher standing than you in the series you're driving.
(04-07-2020, 08:50 PM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  
(04-07-2020, 08:32 PM)Tim Driessen Wrote:  Hello all,

Kind regards,
Tim

I think it's because he has a higher standing than you in the series you're driving.
It's this. Original Poster was kind of asking two questions: Which server is streamed and why, and how does someone get on server 1? It's always server 1 because that's typically the best drivers. And then splits are decided initially in a series based purely on Driver Rating. Then after that it is weighted towards Championship points for the series. The idea there is that even if your Driver Rating is tiny, the best drivers from Server2 will replace the worst drivers from Server1.

1st place on Server 2 with no incidents gets 80 Championship points. This is the same as 10th place on server 1. So after just one race, there's likely going to be some shuffling of drivers. However... Driver Rating STILL has SOMETHING to do with the split, but much like how Driver Rating is calculated, the math is a secret!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz