Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitstop help
Hi all,

I've only just started racing and with 1 race in the Skip Barber series i'm already hooked! I'm thinking of entering the Euro series this week and I see that it has a mandatory pit stop. I've never had to pit stop before so I'm not sure how it work. do I pull into the pit at some point or do I have to do at a certain point? do I need to do anything specific when stopping? I'm doing this in VR so i'm not even sure how to change pit options.

Thanks for much for any help.
You have to pit between the 10 min and 50 min mark, or you'll be disqualified. Adding any fuel or changing tires counts as a pit stop.

You can pre-set the fuel/tire changes you want in the setup, and make changes on the fly during the race but I don't know how it's done in VR. Normally you'd use the directional pad or arrow keys to call up the menu and make changes during the race.

Always practice your pit stops like anything else.
Am I right in thinking you can't pit stop in single player in AC? what's the best way to practise pit stopping?
You can do it in practice and in single player.
Just make sure you can reach the menu navigation buttons during driving. 
Setting presets for your pitstops is one thing, but you never know what happens during a race. 
I also did my first pitstop in AC this season. It's an easy thing to do. 
Just practice a bit in offline mode and make sure to learn the pit entry (speed etc.)
Great! Thanks everyone, I'll give that a go tonight.
And make sure to set your tyre pressure to the correct values in the Pit Stop Strategy. 
Otherwise it will just use the default ones  Big Grin
(04-06-2020, 11:17 AM)Nico Schmitz Wrote:  And make sure to set your tyre pressure to the correct values in the Pit Stop Strategy. 
Otherwise it will just use the default ones  Big Grin

I'm no where near experienced enough yet to know what pressures to run! Thanks for the tip though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNtXwBigDt8&list=PLWSWQyqnLDu7tLWE9P35Qog6Z8_xb7l_g

Check this out. 
Pressure was the first thing i learned and it for the most part pretty straight forward. Smile
FYI teleport to pits doesn't count as a pit stop even if you add fuel or change tires.