Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telemetry Data Analysis
Anyone had much success using something like Motec i2 to help make setup decisions? I saw that there is an app on Racedepartment called Acti that can create telemetry logs for use in Motec software. I'm an engineer irl so I wouldn't mind getting into a more data driven approach to car setup. 

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...face.3948/
I didn't work for me the first time I tried it as well. I forgot to set up Acti's config file properly.

After that it just worked.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
For the guys on Pashas stream asking about using telemetry from Assetto Corsa, attached is my Motec i2 Pro project that works with the telemetry files created by ACTI on race department. There are a couple tracks configured in there already, but to add more see the documentation that comes with ACTI to learn how. I have two workbooks, one called driver which focuses on your performance with a summary sheet, a sheet setup for comparing two or more laps, some track map sheets, and a sheet that has section times and stint consistency. The setup workbook has a bunch of sheets focused on setup in the order that I normally approach car setup. It's a lot, but I kind of just nerded out and made everything I thought could be useful, so just pick and choose what you want to look at. Some of the math channels need the wheelbase and steering ratio of the car for the calculation so update the wheelbase and steering ratio constants I have made in the math module for your car. I also attached one of my telemetry files so you can load something up straight away to see what its all about (dont judge my driving lol). Any questions just post here or send me a pm.

Attached Files
.zip   Luke's Project.zip (Size: 917.04 KB / Downloads: 27)
.zip   ks_zandvoort_&_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_&_bouwmeester.lk_&_stint_2.zip (Size: 1.29 MB / Downloads: 15)
Luke,
What i find weird is that the camber data in Acti/motec doesn't correspond to the data in camberextravaganza. When I set my camber via Acti with the inner-outer temp difference and the camber data, Camberextravaganza is always in Red.
 Do you have the same experience?
Will look into your project file and compare with mine
Lars Mars
Gentdrivers Team
(09-05-2020, 10:08 AM)Lars Mars Wrote:  Luke,
What i find weird is that the camber data in Acti/motec doesn't correspond to the data in camberextravaganza. When I set my camber via Acti with the inner-outer temp difference and the camber data, Camberextravaganza is always in Red.
 Do you have the same experience?
Will look into your project file and compare with mine
I haven't used camber extravaganza so I can't comment sorry, tbh I haven't really spent much time trying to get the "ideal" camber looking at data in Motec either. I normally just make sure the temperature difference across the tyre isn't out of control and then do it by feel. You could turn on the developer apps in game and use the suspension or telemetry developer app to double check the recorded data is correct.