Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNF's
I think DNF's should be included in player stats. I'm interested to see who can't finish races, rage quit... who can't hack it habitually...
'Incidents' are fairly subjective. You can get run off the road and charged with an 'incident'.

Not bitching, just an observation.
Tell the truth I think that people should have to cross the line after the race to get any points. So many races I've been in where almost half the grid don't bother finishing.

I know things like computer crashes and disconnects happen but not that often.

If this was to happen you would have to have a longer cut off time for the longer tracks, but I think that needs doing anyway.
I understand where you guys are coming from, but if someone slams into me 90 seconds into an hour-long race, I'm just not going to drive around a lap down for the next 58 minutes. That's just one example. There are a lot of innocent DNFs.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
It's happened to me. I hear what you're saying but it's at that point I'm racing for points and proving to anyone who cares (mainly myself) that I'm not a quitter. ?
It's a long race and you could still wind up finishing ahead of a driver with a higher rating.
Cheers!
Have to say I agree with Lawrence. I think I've DNFed only once and that was because my computer decided to switch it's self off.

Also if you had to cross the line, being a lap down would still get you more points than those who either quit or got DQed.

What really gets me is the people who quit having done 2 laps and et more points than those who finish but ended up with some incidents.
I didnt finish 2 races so far, in both cases i was spun when hit from behind which resulted in overreved engine explosion, one was in the first lap and the other in middle of the race, penalty for both was pretty severe (-10 rating first, -4 for the other), also the points for that are pretty useless unless you aim to finish at the end of the field as your race strategy. There is not much of a difference trying to continue and finish unless you are way faster than the drivers infront if you get taken out, you will also most likelly have a lot of damage and car that handles very badly which may result in way more incidents so i can understand why some drivers do not finish races. You get punished anyway and it may get even worse when you try to finish, and it is really not that much fun being lap down with damaged car and you can unintentionally ruin race for someone else. And if you getting less points than people who do not finish races then you are doing something wrong (might be also extremely unlucky)Smile
All valid points / arguments. I must admit I did DNF once.. it was after 1 in the morning, I was way tired, there were only three other drivers in the race. So I did one lap parked it and then went to sleep. ??if you get wrecked and your car's handling very poorly you better be a good driver.. ? trust me, I know how frustrating that is!! ?