Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Start for Rookies - AC
Hey y`all,

I`m starting to race with sim racing system,
I would like to know what is the best place(races) for rookies to start a career.

What do you guys suggest?

I'm on Assetto Corsa.

Thank You
Depends on what kind of "rookie" you mean. Have you just started sim racing completely? Like barely gone around a circuit in a virtual race car at all? Or have you been racing against bots for months (or years) and want to now get into racing against humans? Or have you raced against humans for months (or years) and are just new to SRS?

The answer to your initial question is going to be fairly different depending on your answer to the above questions. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-27-2020, 09:43 PM)Kauhan Groh Wrote:  Hey y`all,

I`m starting to race with sim racing system,
I would like to know what is the best place(races) for rookies to start a career.

What do you guys suggest?

I'm on Assetto Corsa.

Thank You

Obviously there are some Racing Series that are more suited to "Rookies" then others. But i'd say you should test out the different options. 
Can you handle the car safely? Thats enough. You can take part in races. But take it easy. Don't bring yourself or other drivers in danger on the track. If you can't handle a fight, stay away from it. And slowly develop a feeling how to compete in a race. And don't worry too much about your laptime. If you are slower then the rest of the pack, you should still take part of the experience you can gain. Just make sure you aren't a mobile blocking wall. 
And practice, practice, practice. Go into quick drive and learn the track and car combo. I see so many people join a race and they can't even handle the car on an outlap. 
Try the Skip Barber Series or the Lotus Evora. They are challenging but still manageable.
Kauhan Groh my tip is the slower the car of the series the better to start.

Also try to train the track before entering the race, it would be ideal, considering that there is a number of incidents before the temporal ban as i am enjoying right now, lol.

Consider about starting from the back as some racers are a bit crazy till you get to the Split 1 or 2 ... and still you will find some wild guns arround.

Wellcome and enjoy mate.
SRS SPAIN , www.youtube.com/c/deracingx
Skippy is good right now, be prepared to put the practice in. If you do 60 laps of a circuit and know the braking points you won't come last.

GT3 is also good as it can take a hit when people crash into you without ruining your races, super important!