Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Assetto Corsa Competizione support coming soon!
(03-09-2020, 03:55 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Finally an excuse to re-install this thing. You can keep all the endurance stuff tho... 20-30 minute races are just fine by me. Tongue
I am good with it also racing the same track for a week several times a day, with 20-30 minute races is perfect.
(03-11-2020, 02:45 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  
(03-09-2020, 03:55 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Finally an excuse to re-install this thing. You can keep all the endurance stuff tho... 20-30 minute races are just fine by me. Tongue
Boring in ACC Tongue
I imagine most races of any length in any sim is boring to someone who just takes the lead and runs with it for X minutes. I guess with longer races you at least get to pass a few backmarkers before the time runs out? Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Well played, Russel! Smile

BTW, longer endurance races with driver swaps would require some form of team management from SRS, which afaik is not implemented yet.

A mixture of 20-60min races would suffice imho.
(03-12-2020, 05:03 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
(03-11-2020, 02:45 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  
Boring in ACC Tongue
I imagine most races of any length in any sim is boring to someone who just takes the lead and runs with it for X minutes. I guess with longer races you at least get to pass a few backmarkers before the time runs out? Big Grin

Lol! Marek wishes he had that problem in ACC Big Grin
There has been a god damm alien invasion over there, i just don’t know where they found room to park all the spaceships tbh.
Really happy to read this! Looking forward to do races with ACC too. Will it need an SRS app to install?
(03-12-2020, 05:28 PM)Gergely Mazak Wrote:  Well played, Russel! Smile

BTW, longer endurance races with driver swaps would require some form of team management from SRS, which afaik is not implemented yet.

Hey smarty pants guys Big Grin thanks for judging without knowing. I am not in front in ACC, in top tiers with aliens (the top AC or ACC guys never joined SRS) I am fighting midfield-backfield and I enjoy it more than fighting for the win. But this type of SRS 20 mins T1 heroes doesnt work in ACC Big Grin but well, with SA 90+ or 95+ championship, ok
NEVER GIVE UP!
(03-13-2020, 11:52 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  
(03-12-2020, 05:28 PM)Gergely Mazak Wrote:  Well played, Russel! Smile

Hey smarty pants guys Big Grin thanks for judging without knowing. I am not in front in ACC, in top tiers with aliens (the top AC or ACC guys never joined SRS) I am fighting midfield-backfield and I enjoy it more than fighting for the win. But this type of SRS 20 mins T1 heroes doesnt work in ACC Big Grin but well, with SA 90+ or 95+ championship, ok
Well yeah, but this thread is talking about ACC on SRS... so if the top AC or ACC guys still don't join SRS, then you'll still be the big fish in a small pond doing hot laps for an hour with the rest of us.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Big Grin 
So I changed some setting in my account to show ACC races and I see one in the list I assume you're using for testing. Super stoked about this. Here's hoping for reasonably dynamic weather too. None of the sunny at 22c stuff like AC. Sim Racers need to learn how to adapt! Big Grin

Also to comment on race length obviously there should be both 20min and 60min races, but in my opinion the 60min race format here on SRS is much better racing wise than the 20min. Yes there are some points where you're hot lapping, but involving pit strats, actually being able to run down cars before time runs out, and people actually being sensible on the first lap make the 1 hours much better for me. 20 minutes is too short for me to develop a race, it'a like a 100yrd sprint back in my swimming days lol
Best Stat: Championship win in Simpit Russell Alexis Series
Yeah I see races listed coming up but no app. So I assume it's not available yet to the public?
(03-13-2020, 02:01 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Well yeah, but this thread is talking about ACC on SRS... so if the top AC or ACC guys still don't join SRS, then you'll still be the big fish in a small pond doing hot laps for an hour with the rest of us.
Oh well, it all depends on SRS what they will bring. I may not even end up racing it. I am already in few leagues in ACC so my week schedule is already kind of full of racing, and imo the leagues have better split system, wher you actually end up every race in the split where you belong and where you have a chance for some result, slower people dont end up in the split with the aliens etc., doesnt matter how many people join the race. Also here, maybe I ended up in the driver rating so high, just because I raced in the times, when some other people couldnt race Big Grin 

But well, like I said, depends what will be brought here, I was always looking for some leagues where I can race when I want and I dont have it scheduled on tuesday 20GMT only lets say. So thats why I liked SRS, you can race every day, every hour, as you wish. So, if it will be interesting and organized well (split-wise), why not Smile

But also, one car chosen by a person for the whole season would be a good idea too, otherwise people will be choosing every track the OP car for that track Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!