Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tracks for next season
Hi guys, i'm here to ask the admin if is possible to race in new tracks next season. In fact, in the last year i race here, the only track for the open wheel series were always the same, for the 80% of the weeks. I love Barcelona, SPA, Monza, Silverstone and Imola, but i love too, and i think that many people here love, wonderful tracks as: Sepang, Istanbul, COTA, Suzuka, Barhain, Hungaroring, ecc...
I hope for a new season with wonderful open wheels, like all the last year was (F3, F2 and old f1 Was AMAZING), with 1 or 2 tracks of that above.
If there are some technical problem to do this, that i ignore, i say exceuse from now to the admins. Thank you very much for all, ever.
Bye
Suggestions are always open but not to ripped content.
Really i have not a limited point of view. Also suggestion for me. The tracks listed, are some beautiful tracks, as the same of actual. My request is only for a variation. Thank you
Speaking of track suggestions, i always wondered of the status of fictional tracks here. Horsma Raceway is a prime candidate as it has an exceptionally high quality and it's a very challenging and fun track.

Also, Lausitzring gets frequent updates on RaceDepartment. As far as i know it's a legit conversion (but i might be wrong).
Marco, in addition to the SRS hourly and daily series, there are the YouTuber weekly series. I don't know which of them frequents this section of the forum, but Jean and I are always trying to choose car/track combinations that have not been used on SRS recently. Our selections have already been submitted for the upcoming season, but we're open to suggestions, and I'm sure the other hosts are as well.

It is important to SRS, and the series hosts, to not use content whose origin is known to be illicit, or even questionably so. We do not want to endorse the ripping of content from other games.

Gergely, I have asked about using close-to-real fictional tracks before (particularly the good ones like Horsma, Sveg, Weatherfield) but, in general, these are also not used.

And no one has asked about it in this thread, but while we're talking about it: There are also some real-world tracks that are legitimately created but are still ineligible for use here. Usually this is because the track mod features some sort of exploit that cannot be policed by normal means, and would be too much of a headache to manage. This unfortunately includes some great mods, like the Daytona road course and Oulton Park.

I hope this helps to explain the state of things.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
I agree. I was also thinking about this, and don't have much to add. Apart from Kunos' work, there are only like a handful of track creators that made tracks for AC and we are already racing on them. The quality is great and is a welcome addition. And that quality work from scratch requires a lot of knowledge, skill, time and effort. And we will have some new tracks in due time. But some other tracks available out there look or drive great but have issues with exploits, or are pure rips from other sims, or they are not optimized well so they suffer from higher CPU usage and lower frame rates etc. And from all that, SRS have to keep some standards as to what is acceptable and what is not.
Thank you Very much to all. So my request would be to Race in Suzuka with an open wheel. Suzuka was used in past. I hope yes...
Ciao
@Marco: With all due respect to the author, that quality of that track is not the best. There're better ones out there, but again, non-legit conversions. That might be the reason why it's not being used that much here.

@Pasha: Thanks for the heads-up! I hope you don't mind if i ask: what exploit are you referring to? I'm aware that Daytona has cut detection issues around the bus stop. I contacted the author and also suggested a working solution (a single-liner code change), but he doesn't seem to be active anymore. Regarding Oulton Park: is this the one made in the AC Track Reboot project?
Daytona also lets you blow through the wall at T1; if you're careful, you can simply run the oval, even when set to the road course layout. Big Grin

I don't recall exactly where the Oulton mod is from (I thought I got it from RD but can't find it there now), but it likewise has some too-liberal track limits in some places.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
At Daytona if you miss T1 and serve the penalty it's still about 20s quicker.