Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survived my first 5 months :)
Thanks to all and especially SRS for making my first 5 months of Assetto Corsa sooooooooo fun and successful.
First the good and proud ....  started 5 months ago .. age 70 .. made it to 723 rating .. 292 position .. 85 top10's in 127 starts ... No wins .. and most proudly 1.077 incident average.
Now the reality ... and I hope this might be a helpful plan for other noobs, like me ..... 
For the first 4 months, my main plan, each race, was to just NOT cause an accident and NOT get any incident points.  I raced lots of the hourly races... mostly in the late evening (Mountain time zone) where the group size is relatively small. Just dodging people and staying out of trouble, not aggressively defending position and making super safe passes ... earned me LOTs of top10 finishes , simply from the attrition rate of other drivers trying maneuvers they should not have.     I was thinking that this is amazing for a beginner.  My rating and position were skyrocketing, in my view.
Then a bit of reality set in .   I started to meet and get invited  to race with various groups  ( giant thank you's to the   2Old4Forza   and   JG1 racing groups .. check both out , in Discord, for great racing fun and so many other groups, as well).
Now .. all of  a sudden... I went from doing pretty well against other noobs to racing against folks that already have some experience.. but, more importantly ... the groups are comprised of  racers, whom have already admitted to their addiction  Smile   and are actively seeking to better their race craft and surround themselves with other like minded souls.
Trying to develop my race craft ... defending and passing .. are  trashing an otherwise stellar incident average.   Instead of my 700 plus rating climbing daily, it now just fluctuates around the same number, depending on how much i screw up.  It hurt, the first time i saw my rating go down and incident average went up, at same time.
***  I am no longer regularly , in the top 10 .. Sometimes I have to fight my butt off just to not be last .. brutal close,  door to door, fights with other equals, vying for the same position.
I used to believe that racing was about the fight at the front. Pretty narrow view, sorry   Smile
I have had and have witnessed so many great battles for position, at EVERY POSITION in the pack. Tooth and claw battles that last all race,  for 7th position .. or 13th .. or .. next to last place ..  or whatever  ...... .. and then .. Look forward with great anticipation ( and lots of practice ) to the next race ... to do more of that same battle, for 13th or whatever ... with those same drivers.
Priceless .
I doubt if my rating and position numbers, will get any higher ... BUT .......
I AM HAVING A BALL  !!!
THANK YOU ALL   Smile
Out Of The Road, Dopie  !!  - Crocodile Dundee
Congrats!!! Most important achievement for everybody is... fun!!!! Hope your next 5 months will be even better.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
Awesome post, my dude!

Just started out yesterday, hope to achieve as much as you did!
@Kit Recek Great is not easy! Keep going and enjoying the experience the results doesnt matter only he respect and joy on track.

There are some fast guys that are pretty repulsive , so never become one of those, lol

and sometimes you will find some lads arround that would deserve some car punishment and you will need some mindcontrol LOL.

I will elaborate my argument with an example i experienced yesterday, with the 1rst guy of the grid, an awesome guy as you will see (audio in spanish sorry but images speak alone)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/576897426
SRS SPAIN , www.youtube.com/c/deracingx