Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Variable Incident Penalties (i.e. "rubbing is racing")
It can be frustrating in some cases but i think it's also the best way to improve the way you race over time. I would say even for beginners in real racing it would be a fantastic way of learning how to battle properly, give space, anticipate what others do, also for your own driving to be able to modulate your braking points, race off lines, and generally being accustomed to think and drive at the same time. With the system it's clear it forces you to race cleanly around others or every battle for position will end in tears. Sometimes it's better to give up positions to avoid inc, especially at the start of races (furthermore in 1h races), if you have the race pace you ll get it back anyway. When everybody respects that, while still racing hard but fair, it feels awesome.

We could have died like ten times in those opening laps (last GT3 champ), but we didn't mostly because of the inc system and nobody did stupid moves.

Same here, total respect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJUGPQjh0M

To me the inc system is way more tough than what is in iracing, if you have contact, you only minus the rating you gain but not the points for the actual race or the championship. Here you can loose a champ just for a contact and It's the best way to simulate the fear of crashing in a sim (you or the cars). So of course that would be even better if it could detect who's at fault (when it's very clear) or how hard the contact is (we all know how AC is with physics), but i like think it also makes you reflect on your own driving to just think you should avoid any contact, and that it's not always "others" fault when bad things keep on happening, it can't be.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Variable Incident Penalties (i.e. "rubbing is racing") - by James Blint - 02-15-2020, 08:44 PM