Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watkins glen international boot
Hey all,

I'm trying to join a GTS Challenge race and it is saying the required track is missing (watkins glen international boot).
The zip file that I download for that track from RaceDepartment contains a number of boots, but not the international one.  Inside asetta corsa I can successfully find the watkins glen tracks when searching.  There is the classic boot, the boot classic endurance, the boot endurance....etc etc.  All the tracks available match the ones that are in the zip file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Charles
you should read the install notes at RD and take a look at this thread.
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=1519
Hi Smile There's no "International" in the layout's name, it's the part of the track's proper name - Watkins Glen International. And "Boot" is the name of the whole layout, with the bus stop chicane and the other longer bit. That should be the version SRS is using. Can't really remember if SRS ran other layouts apart from the Boot. Boot Endurance should be the same layout but with some additions for endurance racing like night lighting and shading for longer races or races with time multiplier. Classic boot is the same but without the bus stop chicane. Short is the layout that NASCAR runs, with the bus stop chicane and without that longer bit. Short Classic is the same as short but without the bus stop chicane. That one used to be the F1 Grand Prix layout in the old days. 

How did you install it and did you try to run it offline at all? You should definitely check if you've installed it correctly, be it through CM or manually. If you're using CM, usually new installed mods are recognized immediatelly. But sometimes it doesn't work right away so you need to close down CM and restart it. Just try to load up practice in single player, the Watkins Glen Boot layout. Should work.