Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying penalties!
TL;DR: Why do you get penalties for running wide and losing time? How many times do you have to get a track limits warning for it to end up in a penalty in SRS races?

Hey so recently I've been getting really frustrated with the penalty system in AC, and just have a couple of questions. So I get why it has to be there, my worst circuit for penalties is probably spa because raidillon is difficult lol. It's perfectly fine to get a five second penalty there for example because you can gain a lot of time by cutting the track. But sometimes you get a five second (or more) penalty for running wide and losing time in the gravel trap. This happened to me in the mini race yesterday, there was an incident ahead which distracted me so I missed my braking point into the penultimate corner and ran wide. I got caught in the gravel trap and lost about 5 - 10s but managed not to spin or anything, just get overtaken by two or three cars, no biggie. But then I got slapped with a 5s penalty when I hadn't even had any priors to my knowledge in the race! That to me screams BS, why are drivers punished for making mistakes that lose time? So anyway, because you have to serve it before the end of the lap to avoid a DQ, and I couldn't serve it before the last corner BC it wasn't safe, I had to let off the throttle on the straight and went from 5th to 13th on the straight for running wide and losing time. Obvs it's not the end of the world or anything, it's just a game, but I can't understand the logic behind this. Anyone else annoyed? lol. Anyway so my questions are, how many times do you have to cut the track to get a penalty in the SRS races? And do "corner cuts" in quali and practice count towards that amount in the race? I say this bc at the end of laps I have a tendancy of stopping on the inside of a corner out of the way, so I can get back to the pits, and I always get the track cutting warning when I do so. Wondering if that's why I seem to get penalties often in races? I never cut corners (I mean, there's no point you just get slammed with penalties and rightfully so) and sometimes accidentally run wide, very rarely resulting in any time gain, but always seem to end up with a penalty and nobody else seems to have this problem lol.
Automated time penalties like that are coded into the track, nothing to do with SRS.

The only penalty SRS could serve you is if someone protested an off track because they thought you gained an advantage or rejoined unsafely. But that would result in a suspension, not a time penalty.