Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Radical SR3 it’s broken and that’s not funny!
Another 2 cents from me. This is a sim and we're using it as a game to compete online. Similarly as race teams and drivers use cars and their knowledge to compete. It's kind of a game for them too, with awards, money etc.
In sim/gaming, whatever is more fun as opposed to realism, and sometimes things having to be balanced out, I get that. The question is, if this is an exploit or not.

This Radical SR3 2019 mod is trying to simulate its Gen. 4 Suzuki 1340 CC, 198 BHP engine. The handling itself makes it really fun to drive for me and, of course, I and many of us here don't know how accurate it is. But the numbers in the power.lut are wrong and this shortshifting is the result. Additionally, maybe drag and aero should be tweaked too. There's plenty of crappy mods out there. But I think it's purely a mistake from this mod's maker, and these sometimes happen. You can't help it.

There are some onboard videos of Radical SR3 with telemetry shown, so one should take a look what's normal for these cars. Pretty normal for most of the cars. In connection to that, you expect the mod to drive like that sort of, and it takes a while to discover what will bring down your lap time for a second, two or more. No car drives in 6th gear around the whole track. Even Indycars on ovals for the last 15-20 years with sequential and then semiautomatic are downshifting to be at optimal RPM all the time.

Here's the link to the Radical's website with engine specifics (1340 CC version that's in this mod). You can compare that to the car's info in AC and see the difference. This same input is in the above mentioned car's power.lut file that defines car's engine behavior.

Shortshifting or using lower RPM rather than peak RPM is a thing with some cars, for example some turbo cars like Kunos' GT3 Ferrari 488. It has over 8000 RPM yet the peak power is under 7000. The waste gate opens there thus losing turbo and power. So with that particular car there's no point going that much over when shifting up when accelerating down a straight.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radical SR3 it’s broken and that’s not funny! - by Filip Stoyanovich - 01-25-2020, 12:55 PM