Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Radical SR3 it’s broken and that’s not funny!
The mod might not be accurate to the real car but I just want to know why you think downshifting and upshifting 2-3 more times a corner takes skill in a sequential gearbox? I found out about short-shifting I think the second week. I gained maybe half a second. To me, it's actually more difficult cause I have to pay attention to my rpm instead of just hitting the shift paddle when it flashes. I am slow in the SR3 since I can't drive anything with a wing, but I would bet anything I would go slower only shifting to 5th for the last and first corners. Curious what your PR is.

Edit- Well I was wrong so you can have whatever you want. I gained a second doing what you said. But that being said the post below me is spot on. Yes, the car would be a lot more fun to drive letting is scream to 10k RPM like it should, but I don't think it takes any more skill shifting, or that it affected the outcome of the championship, or that because its a fixed series that knowing about this trick gave you an unfair advantage. To me, fixed setups are less about a level playing field and more about being able to just plug in and play. For me personally, I never raced against anyone that did this. Most of them were short-shifting like I was but none of them were ever leaving it in gear. I do hope SRS doesn't do this series again until its fixed but to me it wasn't something that seemed to affect many people in any real harmful way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radical SR3 it’s broken and that’s not funny! - by Charles Wayland - 01-25-2020, 04:38 AM