Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Radical SR3 it’s broken and that’s not funny!
Hi everyone
I am new here and I wanted to give you my opinion about it ..... it is my first championship and I will be within the first 100 so far from being a fast driver I define myself as decent and I will tell you that to run each race as I did not know any circuit I have dedicated myself to look for youtube on Radical onboards in the different circuits and in no case have I seen any real Radical pilot change at low rpm and much less travel an entire circuit in 6 gear ... On the contrary, the limit of 10,000 rpm was sought at each change.
Honestly ..... I have seen in Spa repetitions of pilots in AC doing the circuit in 6 gear ...... it might be that they reduced the time but ...... enjoyed driving like this?
I think this car bug is a very similar aspect to the bugs in the circuits such as the barbagallo and sincerely ...... I do not understand why someone runs in Asseto and forgets about the most important thing the game has .. ....SIMULATE
I play or drive here because I love its simulation and use SRS for its cleaning in general and I do not understand who does not think so and is dedicated to using all kinds of tricks in order to shorten a meter of track and scratch a tenth ... .. do it, but do it fighting from the legality .....
(01-26-2020, 01:31 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  Hi All.  Like I said above, I cannot "totally" irradicate this problem.  What I have done it made it slower (not in top speed) but to get there.

I will release the updated version soon, as there is also a RHD/LHD verison as well as new front and rear.

Shaun
I really appreciate your work, thank you Smile

And to respond to all the others, I understand that shortshifting is a thing in a lot of different cars, my point is that keeping the car in 6th gear all the time is not normal with this car and in those tracks, and the advantage that this "technique" provides is way too much in my opinion. Anyways thanks for sharing your ideas, we're here to improve the community and to have more fun racing eachother  Big Grin
Yeah, so I downloaded the car tonight just to test this out. I did a good bit of practice first to get used to it at Spa as not to influence the results too much with natural improvement and...

I found 1.5 seconds by just leaving the car in 6th gear everywhere (except for 5th at the chicane, La Source, and Rivage) as Luca described. 

E: Threw together a quick comparison. Can't see this being too useful on a smaller, tighter circuit but it's pretty evident at Spa.

Just to be clear that lap where you donwshift is way worse than the other lap, especially the middle sector, worse lines, being too wide or not being wide enough. You go way too low with the gears in some corners and also shift higher gear way too late. Its clear you will go slower on the straight then when you have to upshift more times. There is a differnce but nowhere near this example.
Factor in a few tenths (I guess, only have less than an hour in the car) and it is still a second faster. The real problem is that it is faster at all.
Seems like an error in the torque value of the car, displayed or real.
Will be interesting in what you guys this of the new version due out shortly
Shaun I would like to say firstly that the mod is in general fantastic. But agree the short shifting not the most realistic model of a car that is generally a very high revving car. I noticed the torque curve has a spike in mid range where as the real car has a much flatter curve. I'm not sure if the acceleration is dictated by this with a modelled car, as it would be in real life but if so this is most likely the source of the issue. Not sure how making the car take longer to accelerate will fix the issue but I'm no modder. But in my head will mean the car is just slower and short shifting will still be quicker.
All this talk about this car and not one person has made a "That's not RADICAL, it's BOGUS!" joke. So disappointing. I guess you guys are just too young to be that influenced by the 1980s. Wink Big Grin
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
To make it clear in case the modder missed the link in an earlier post, this is what the power curve looks like in the mod, and what it looks like from the dyno.

https://www.radicalprecisionengineering....L-DATA.pdf

Basically, the power curve looks like it was copied from the torque curve.