Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Barbagallo Pit Fake
(01-22-2020, 10:16 PM)Filip Stoyanovich Wrote:  I thought hitting walls, cones, signs and similar will be registered by AC and will give you an incident point in the results? The faulty line there makes you run over one or two cones. If that's the case, they do lose something at least.
For Kunos tracks yes I believe that is correct, eg. iirc the cones between the pit lane and the main straight at Laguna Seca will register a collision in SRS, but for example the Paul Ricard mod track you can take out the little bollards and it does not count - obviously the modder did not define the objects correctly as you can hit them but AC clearly does not register the collision as SRS does not deduct the points.
(01-23-2020, 01:33 AM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  
Quote:If you or anyone else has seen Henrique say on the forums "please write protests up for people who are exploiting shitty track boundaries on various tracks," please link to it.
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthrea...ight=track
Cool. Of course, that's the last post in a thread he closed (so no one will ever look at it), and this post is the last post on a page, so maybe SOME people will look at it. And a few more will look at it with me quoting you.

Still not sure why this shouldn't just be one more line item on the regulations page. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
You know I can win races without cheating. I may not be the fastest guy on here but I'm far from slow. If it is protestable offence I will in future insure I do not participate and protest offenders. But with protests taking weeks to get reviewed. This can still mean a clean driver using the track correctly can loose out on points he shouldn't and they won't be given back. So to me doesn't seem the fairest solution. This really should be in the rules also.
I know people like to get on their moral high horse on subjects like this but the bottom line is that's it's a matter of personal choice. Either you choose to compromise your race, or you choose to risk a suspension.

It's no different from speeding or coasting through stop signs in real life. You choose between convenience and the risk of a ticket. Except in real life you also have to factor in safety.

But this is just a game, and the game has an exploit, and all it takes is one person to take advantage of the exploit to make it a problem for everyone. Of course, someone always does. It's strange that anyone would pile on those who decide to be competitive rather than to play fair, but not criticize the game flaw itself. Barbagallo could have been designed with curbs there, or an earlier pit entry line that engages the pit limiter, or some other solution. I'm not blaming the modders, they chose to make a faithful reproduction of the track instead of one that factors in the challenges of moderating online racing. I respect that choice. But there is a consequence to that choice and it's what we see here.

Until someone can point me to a society or even a species that is always 100% good and fair, I will continue to insist that exploits like this boil down to a matter of personal choice.
Just to clarify one point, it’s not the actual pit entry we are talking about, the pit lane is on the inside of the track not the outside Smile

Simon, I know you are a good driver with great pace and consistency, we have had great races in the past and I know we will again, not a dig at you personally, more so the whole concept of taking advantage of something like that rather than trying to win whilst still colouring between the lines.
Its not about moral high horse(maybe a bit), you just have to look on in from the other point of view, when you choose not to do it, then it is indeed very difficult to win on this track. You will start from worse positions because you will be beaten in Q by slower drivers, on a track that is pretty difficult for any overtake, and then those you trying to overtake in race get an extra advantage in the only overtaking spot. And about the protests, i did not protest anyone because it felt stupid, and i would have to protest like 30 people so there was not exception in fair treatment, but i know of others who protested this, and those protest resulted in bans. So those who did it and were not punished can consider themself lucky, next time it might not be the case.
(01-23-2020, 06:08 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  
(01-22-2020, 10:16 PM)Filip Stoyanovich Wrote:  I thought hitting walls, cones, signs and similar will be registered by AC and will give you an incident point in the results? The faulty line there makes you run over one or two cones. If that's the case, they do lose something at least.
For Kunos tracks yes I believe that is correct, eg. iirc the cones between the pit lane and the main straight at Laguna Seca will register a collision in SRS, but for example the Paul Ricard mod track you can take out the little bollards and it does not count - obviously the modder did not define the objects correctly as you can hit them but AC clearly does not register the collision as SRS does not deduct the points.

Oh. I might have guessed Smile

Yeah, well something like "Do not use exploits and cut the track as these will be reported" on that server start rules page might help a bit. I don't know how much though, because if not many people are reading the forums, then I guess not many take time to read those rules either and just click away to the garage hahah
That's was my point initially with so many people and the fact that you are going to loose out through no fault of yours. Surely the fairer and easier thing to do is just follow suite. We are not in the real world where such actions would have very dangerous out comes. I can see in league racing where such actions can be punished and the race outdone adjusted accordingly it can be policed sufficient to stick to the rules. But I can't see it working on here with admin being so busy.
I suppose it does come down to personal choice.

I was always taught you should not do to others, things you would not like them to do to you.

I don’t want other people to cheat. So I don’t cheat either. If that means I can’t win when otherwise I might have a chance, so be it. I sleep very well indeed!

I believe the choices we make reflect upon us. Make your own choice but don’t expect not to be judged by others for the personal choices you make!
I vote we just report them. If someone is consistently taking a cheater line where more than 2 tires are outside track limits, they can be reported and suspended. I think it's up to the senior members of SRS to try and clean this up. I think Henrique should have a team of drivers, the guys who race the most on SRS, and use them to create a marshal program. Give them the ability to review petitions, and suspend drivers. Turn10 and Forza Motorsport did this a while back (I know forza is not a sim) with my racing club 2old4Forza. We became part of a marshal program and could kick players at will if they were caught cheating/ramming/ect. Now while we were not able to clean up the entire online community, we were able to keep the lobbies that we had drivers participating in much cleaner. There are more than a handful of guys I know using this platform who could use this sort of power correctly and responsibly, and who also participate in enough races to be able to keep tabs on most of the series' races. Just my opinion, throw rocks at me if you think I'm dumb Smile