Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Barbagallo Pit Fake
Yer well I tried qualifying legit and it soon become apparent that I was was going to finish behind people that were not so hey oh. At end of the day any racer wants to make the track as wide as possible. More often than not that is what makes a quick driver quick they are using absolutely all of the track. Curbs are not part of the track bit it is well accepted that they are used. I would way prefer that there is no ability to use portions that as you say are clearly not intended to be part of the track. But the simplest and fairest is we all use that extra.
Lol, “I couldn’t win without cheating so I cheated and you all should do too”
I simply don’t have the words.

Go and research “sportsmanship”; “integrity”; “respect” etc... maybe you will get the hint?
i don't get what's the exploit here, is it actually going through the old pit on the left and it's faster?

Is there any video of the thing?
(01-21-2020, 04:51 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  If this is the case, it should be added to the regulation page.

If something isn't explicitly in the rules for banning behaviour, the only judgement that can be done in in game.

A few months back we had a racer who was racing round Spa with their car in reverse with a paint job that was deliberately offensive, are you saying that, as this isn't specifically mentioned in the rules, they should not be banned?

In fact on the regulation page there are no mentions regarding dive bombing, weaving, rejoining the track or any other racing rules, but we know that these are pro-testable and are ruled with suspensions and bans.
(01-22-2020, 10:30 AM)Here is video of that, https://streamable.com/nztu0 You can brake later and less, you go faster trough the corner and you go faster on the exit, then you also go gain till t1. Wrote:  
James Blint Wrote:i don't get what's the exploit here, is it actually going through the old pit on the left and it's faster?

Is there any video of the thing?
Ok that's twisted... looks like half a second each laps. Most of it being that you can brake much later.
Yep it’s an absolute piss take of a line lol.

Raced at World Pro Racing on this track last night in the Aussie V8’s and that kerb was in fact mentioned in the drivers briefing, more than 2 wheels off the track there would be penalised. Guess what, nobody tried it and we had a great couple of races. Ideally people shouldn’t have to be told not to use such blatant exploits of the track limits, but there you go.

Humans eh!
I thought hitting walls, cones, signs and similar will be registered by AC and will give you an incident point in the results? The faulty line there makes you run over one or two cones. If that's the case, they do lose something at least.
(01-22-2020, 02:37 PM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  
(01-21-2020, 04:51 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  If this is the case, it should be added to the regulation page.

If something isn't explicitly in the rules for banning behaviour, the only judgement that can be done in in game.

A few months back we had a racer who was racing round Spa with their car in reverse with a paint job that was deliberately offensive, are you saying that, as this isn't specifically mentioned in the rules, they should not be banned?

In fact on the regulation page there are no mentions regarding dive bombing, weaving, rejoining the track or any other racing rules, but we know that these are pro-testable and are ruled with suspensions and bans.

We only know what is protest-able because of arcane knowledge (and trial and error). I've been pretty open with my opinion that the regulation page is lacking quite a bit of details... and your list of obviously protest-able offenses is a great place to start (especially because someone completely new to sim racing might not actually know that you don't play this like Mario Kart). 

The Regulations page should also include track limits being protest-able or not. It's really a matter of nailing down what people should be reporting, and then dealing with more (or less) reports. In case you were curious about my opinion, the topic of this thread should be protest-able. I just don't see myself giving enough of a crap to bother filing one about someone tweaking 0.5 seconds a lap unless they do it in a way that directly interferes with my personal race.

If you or anyone else has seen Henrique say on the forums "please write protests up for people who are exploiting shitty track boundaries on various tracks," please link to it.

p.s. Anyone else having issues with creating/editing forum posts? It's like the WYSIWIG editor only shows the top half of the window, and the View Source editor only shows the top line. Yuck.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Quote:If you or anyone else has seen Henrique say on the forums "please write protests up for people who are exploiting shitty track boundaries on various tracks," please link to it.
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthrea...ight=track