Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revs during race
Hello,
I have a question regarding revs during race. While I am practicing and I accelerate revs go up, then I shift up and everything is fine. While in race, small increment happens and then even smaller decrement, then up, and slightly down again. I drive C7R and this is visible with bar on dashboard slowly filling up, but the rectangle flashes couple of times and then lights up fully. On a straight I go about 20 km/h slower than in practice. So i want to know if something is wrong with my pedals, or if it's some sim racing feature. If it is a feature, what I can do to make it better. 
This is probably a stupid question, but I am new to sim racing. Sorry.
Sounds to me that you're not practicing with BoP. This season cars in GT2 have Restrictor to even them up a bit.

To practice with it, just move the slider for Restrictor percentage in Content Manager. It's on the rights side of the screen (if you're full screen) where you select conditions. Don't know about vanilla launcher though, I'm not at my PC so I don't know where it is.

You can find percentages for the cars here:

simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7369&pid=33351#pid33351
Thank you for your reply.
You were right, I was not practicing with restrictor. So i turned it on and tried to compare it to my race last night.
Speed difference was smaller, but dashboard lights were acting normal.
I tried to make a video. First part is practice (on keyboard a don't have time to set up wheel right now) and second part is from race. It doesn't seem same. 
I'm not sure why your dashboard lights are behaving differently but maybe it has to do with lag, or netcode, or the replay doesn't show exactly what is happening on screen. I have noticed that my replays will not show the lap delta app correctly.

Your tire PSI is way too low. You should have all the tires at 26 psi while on track. Temp is not important. You might want to look up the Setup Market app. You can get setups that other people have uploaded. Some are good, some aren't - but it could save you a lot of time trying to learn how to setup a car so you can concentrate on learning how to race first.
Thing is it's not only lights, it's whole car that is behaving differently and replay is showing excactly what was happening during race. But I tried in my second race to set PSI higher and to drive more aggressively and it got better.
So I guess that was it. I want to invest my time to car setups as well as learning how to drive and it bothers me that there is no way of knowing if setup is going to be ok during race. Or maybe I am driving differently online? Who knows. Anyway thank for your help and sorry for my english.