Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dive Into Simracing
Hey Guys and Gals,

I recently bought my first proper wheel after fiddling around with a controller in Dirt Rally for a while. I have played racing games in the past and at one point used a cheap thrustmaster wheel without FFB.
So the stars aligned this black friday and as i was playing Dirt Rally and really enjoying the grind and practice I decided it was time do it properly. I crossed paths with a good deal on the Thrustmaster T150 with the proper pedals and decided 150 Euro wasn't that much of a loss if i lost interest in simracing after a couple of sessions. 

However interest didnt fade even after dumping 20 something hours in Dirt Rally and Project Cars and i found myself aching to upgrade to a more serious sim. 
Some research and my shock at the price of iRacing later I concluded the moddability of Asseto Corsa and the overal praise it received was enough to invest 20 more euro's.

Long story short i researched the optimal settings for my wheel and using Wheelcheck and LUTgenerator combined with FFBclip and a bunch of other essential mods for AC I started the practice grind. After a week or two of getting to know the game and the base tracks I installed SRS and all the associated mods and decided i was ready to do some "Real" Simracing. 

Love it so far and every time i finish another heartpounding but clean race i feel amazing. 
Its just a really great hobby. Easy to fit in your daily schedule and its got more depth to its gameplay than i've experienced in gaming so far.

Thanks for the great community and hope to slowly keep improving.

Luuk