Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless wheel / Projector FOV
Nevermind, a USB cable will have to do. I believe I can go up to 5m long with a USB cable so I may get a longer one.

I tried it from the sofa but 4m back from a 10 foot screen (3m) gives a fairly low FOV. It seemed right at about 38. Acceptable but I'm going to try getting under 3m from it to allow me to increase the FOV.

The problem with large screens is that when you sit close - whatever the FOV - the scale is way off. Like the steering wheel is probably 50% larger that it should be. Does anyone else use a projector setup? If so, what sort of distance and FOV do you go for?

Thinking about it I may try ignoring the FOV calculators and just trying to get the best compromise I can to get the steering wheel to appear the same size, if that makes sense. I don't normally have the virtual wheel showing but I could use it to get the scale closer to 1:1. See how that compares to having technically correct FOV but incorrect scale. Could end up going for somewhere in the middle of the two settings.

Messages In This Thread
Wireless wheel / Projector FOV - by Owen Pyrah - 12-06-2019, 05:13 PM
RE: Wireless wheel? - by Owen Pyrah - 12-18-2019, 11:38 AM
RE: Wireless wheel? - by Simon Meisinger - 12-18-2019, 04:53 PM
RE: Wireless wheel? - by Owen Pyrah - 02-26-2020, 11:26 AM