Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More acessible RRRE Series
Thumbs Up 
(11-25-2019, 07:33 AM)Fredrik Söderstedt Wrote:  would be fun if there could be a race once a week with free content so people could dip their toes into the game, doesnt have to be 2.4hour long race or even an hour, 20-40min would be nice too.

really anything, just a race once a week so people can get a feel for the game in a real race situation and not just public lobbies or hotlapping.

Think that's a good idea!
(11-21-2019, 12:21 PM)Maarten Bakker Wrote:  If you think about improving R3E popularity, you tend to get in a vicious circle. For example if you want to attract league racers, than you need longer races. But if you would schedule longer races right now these slots will probably remain empty, and than there is no reason for the league racers to join.

First of all I like your idea. But if you take for example the "Starter Pack", that series would run the same tracks over and over. That would be nice for people to try out R3E, but you need a lot of starters to make it work, because after one series they would probably do one of the following two:
1) Stick with R3E and buy the Premium pack
2) Stop using R3E
both resulting in not driving the starter series again. Same vicious circle.

Multiclass series, sounds nice, but you need even more people for that. Not to speak of the probable incident count increase, as single class seems to be hard as it is already.

These are some points I think why the grow of the R3E community here at SRS is slow

R3E relative new in SRS
Established AC user base
R3E drivers are in leagues
Only 20 minute races
SimTubers make the most content for AC and IRacing
Price can not compete with AC

I think the popularity is starting to grow slowly, and hopefully at some point the vicious circle is overcome by the amount of people playing R3E. So it probably is time what it takes.
I don't think the car/track combos are picked randomly, for R3E I think they try to pick some tracks that are popular and pick some other nice tracks that are maybe not that popular but are really fun to drive on as soon as you get familiar with it.

At the moment I use the srs discord channel to "advertise" about the race I want to play, and hopefully get some drivers interested, I think it has some effect. Just found out there is a sector3 raceroom channel as well, I think I will be posting those there as well.

At the moment GTR3 at 20:00 GMT is the most popular, and has produced some good racing for me.
Yes, I do agree with you on several topics, especially on the most people that have the money will get premium sooner or later, right now on black friday sale I´ll probably get the premium myself.
The GTR3 at 20:00 is full of people unfortunate is not a time I can race, I mostly join the 22:00 - 01:00 races whatever is a nice combo or is at the time I´m available to race.
Tho I´ll try to race all races of this season GTR3 at 23:00.
That´s the greatest thing about SRS for me, I can just tell my wife to give me a 30 minutes break at X time in the day, and she is pretty happy about knowing when I´m gonna be available.
I don´t get it why league racers would only care for long races, but well that's just me.
Price wise definitely true, Asseto Corsa Ultimate Edition is on sale right now 86% off. So price wise its a awesome deal.

I´m not new to simracing, started with MS-DOS INDY 500 and Nascar, raced a lot in LFS, now Asseto corsa, Automobilista and RRRE, a friend is trying to get me into ACC and since its 30% off or something I might get it to try it out. (I´m not really fast, but improving)

My personal issue with SRS for RRRE is most new people does not have premium (Premium got a price increase as well ) , old players do yes but those are doing leagues, SRS could get a lot new simraces into quality races. If race content matches packs be it starter or pro pack.

At least if its new on SRS, and thread is getting some attention that's a good sign that something could be improved.
That idea the other guy made on making at least one short race starter pack content friendly would be great.
For example I´m probably getting the premium but my father races with me and he just has the free content, I´m probably getting him the starter pack, since its great value for money but definitely not the premium so i have limited options to race with him. (We mostly race in AC with another friend on a public server I host right now) but he liked RRRE and was interested on SRS as well.
Obviously you are new to SRS since your suggestion had been applied to full extent many times over here to no effect. R3E is just not popular amongst SRS players, tough luck. Shame because it has some excellent cars but whatever, SRS admins did give it a fair try.

I think main problem is payware tracks. AC has immense track diversity, R3E has little and you have to pay premium.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin