Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's an acceptable average incident number?
I have a lot of races in SRS now and down to 1.9 average, think it was as high as 3 early on as I was joining races where I couldn’t qualify high on the grid thus way more incidents. Now I am slightly faster it is very easy to bring down the average, has been falling fairly consistently for last ~800 races and still falling.

Interesting fact, only one of the 46 drivers with a higher ranking than me has a higher average incident figure :O
If I had been more selective early on in SRS I could have had way more ranking and way less incidents, but now it is very difficult to move either figure.
I think it depends where in the field you usually are, midpack i would say under 2 is good. On the other hand upfront you may encounter different challenges, like lapping people that have scary avg.
Just finished Cayman GT4 - Road Atlanta in server 2

6 incidents, all caused by people that weren't able to do T2-3-4 and The Esses without spinning or braking later than the driver in front of them and crashing.
At least half of the incidents could have been avoided if the guys who were spinning tried to go in direction of the grass, but most of them try to make 180 turns on track and collect other people in the accident
(11-12-2019, 12:22 AM)Michal Janak Wrote:  today totaly bad races in one of them i get 9 incidents most of them by one racer with IncAvg bigger than 3 and surely all the actions was planed or on purpose

so i am for rule on server 1 only drivers under 2,0 inc avg can join

If the actions that caused incidents with you were "planned or on purpose" then just report them and get them suspended/banned. If the incidents are as obvious as you are making them out to be, it should be trivial to make those drivers disappear.

And a counterpoint to some rule based on this point value: I'm probably the cleanest driver in any race that I'm participating in, and my current average is 2.1+ something. Yours is currently 1.3+ something. My win average is about 2.7% but yours is 8.2% (i.e. you win WAY more often than I do). It'd be easy to simply interpret that to mean that your average is only so low because you are further out in front than I am where it is much safer.

In fact, I choose to interpret it that way because I believe I'm a safer driver than you are. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Random drug tests. That’s the ticket.
1+ Aliens (top 5-10 drivers)
2+ Decent/Average drivers (top 10-15 drivers)
3+ Bad drivers or aggressive drivers.

This only count if you have done at least 30? or so races. Before that i will give people the benefit of the doubt.
At some point (pun not intended), it is not about the incident points. It is about the racing experience. In real life, racing does have 'trading paint' bumps and over aggressive driving and dumbass decisions in the heat of the moment, but there is more and timely accountability for your actions in comparison to sim racing. If someone in F1 pushes someone wide, it is reviewed by the stewards during the race. That isn't even an incident in our world. When you sim race and there are 70- 100 actual contact incidents in one 20 minute race, that changes the racing experience. My personal experience is that I really enjoy tight, clean races where incidents are accidental and much more rare due to the respect that exists between drivers. I realize that not all sim racers share that view! Solutions, so far, have not worked....minorating and KMR in AC, SRS incident points/rating etc have all tried to solve the problem and with marginal success at best. I get why SRS does not jump around trying to solve the problem. So...for now, it is really up to the drivers to self regulate under the existing rules and that means filing protests, contacting those who have done ya wrong and trying to move the needle a bit more towards less trashy racing. And random drug testing too @Jim C Russell Smile
(11-13-2019, 10:43 PM)Thomas Chevalier Wrote:  1+ Aliens (top 5-10 drivers)

This only count if you have done at least 30? or so races. Before that i will give people the benefit of the doubt.

I disagree, some people i protested against (and won) had less incidents than me (~3.5).

I'm in the Server 1-2 limbo; as i mentioned in another post, i finished a Porsche Cayman race in server 2 with 6 accidents all caused by people spinning and collecting other people (including me) in the process.
Then i made the Audi Quattro race in server 1 and made 0 accidents.

To me it's impossible to judge someone basing on that value since it comprehends a great part of incidents where a driver was involved or hasn't caused; the average also counts small bumps that are normal in some real life series.

I don't consider myself an aggressive driver: most of the time I'm slow and if someone behind me is very fast i simply let him pass, then if i can stay behind him, I try to race him.
When I'm lapped sometimes I even go on grass and take a penalty because I don't want to waste the other driver's time.
If I'm responsible for a crash that ruins someone's race I immediately message him and explain what happened, then if he wants to prostest he's free to do it; to me, it's important to apologize and explain him that it wasn't intentional.
When someone is responsible for a crash against me, I always wait a day for a message, then if he doesn't write to me, I protest (obviously he has to prove that the incident wasn't intentional).
(11-12-2019, 12:22 AM)Michal Janak Wrote:  today totaly bad races in one of them i get 9 incidents most of them by one racer with IncAvg bigger than 3 and surely all the actions was planed or on purpose

so i am for rule on server 1 only drivers under 2,0 inc avg can join

Cool, my team mate will be banned for life from server 1 !  He's quite old now so the chances of him ever getting below 2 are quite low.  Well played Michal, he was starting to match your speed   Tongue  Till next time. Good racing.
(11-13-2019, 10:43 PM)Thomas Chevalier Wrote:  1+ Aliens (top 5-10 drivers)

What? I have incident average 1.81 after 52 races. And I am definitely not an alien.