Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's an acceptable average incident number?
Hey, I'm currently sitting at the avg. of 3 incidents per race (only done 2 so far, both with 3). All of those were just bumps from close racing that didn't affect either of us, except for one, where I misjudged a braking zone and spun the driver in front of me (of course I gave him my position right after). But it brought me to a question about how many accidents per race would you consider acceptable and fair? I saw racers with 2 incidents being called all sorts of slurs, but I also saw racers in the top 3 with 4+ incidents that were being commended for a great race.

How many do you average and are you happy with that? I average 3 and would like to bring it below or around 1, not sure if that's entirely possible though.
To finish first, first you have to finish
AC, i5-6400, RX580, G27, single 24" monitor (relying on CrewChief and Helicorsa), hopefully VR in the future.
(11-10-2019, 12:17 PM)Matej Macak Wrote:  Hey, I'm currently sitting at the avg. of 3 incidents per race (only done 2 so far, both with 3). All of those were just bumps from close racing that didn't affect either of us, except for one, where I misjudged a braking zone and spun the driver in front of me (of course I gave him my position right after). But it brought me to a question about how many accidents per race would you consider acceptable and fair? I saw racers with 2 incidents being called all sorts of slurs, but I also saw racers in the top 3 with 4+ incidents that were being commended for a great race.

How many do you average and are you happy with that? I average 3 and would like to bring it below or around 1, not sure if that's entirely possible though.

My average is 3.6, it's a bit high but in the last 10 races, i managed to keep it below 3.

To me, it's not important how many accidents but the reason behind it: if it's just a bump it's ok, but it happened that people made pit maneuvers or rejoin track without watching.
Unfortunately, independently by the accident, it always subtracts 3 points per incident from the leaderboard and this can be frustrating when the accident is a little bump.
I have only had seven races thus far, with one incident out of the seven races. But I would think one would need dozens of races under their belt, before you could really tell how your doing.
It depends. I think that 2 or less should mean that you're very clean driver. But large average doesn't necessary mean that you are dirty. At least I hope so Big Grin I like to think of myself very clean/respectful but I still have around 3.1. Just this week I did 10ish F3 races and racked up so many incidents and I, IMHO, wasn't to blame for a single one.

It looks like the only way to have more or less clean race is to qualify at the very front and run away with the fast guys while the plebs do their best impression of Hunger Games. But even then it's not a guarantee. Once I started 5th, got clean start, and in T1 one guy plowed through half of field, myself included. He hit me, I hit another car, and one more hit me. Boom, 3 incidents, 15 seconds into the race. I couldn't go any faster because I was like .1 behind the guy in front, I left plenty of space, but still didn't help. I can't think of what more can you do to avoid everything. Maybe start from the pit, wait until everybody spins out, try to navigate through the carnage and after that just don't fight with anybody, just let them by. But is it really racing if you're just crusing and lifting off as soon as somebody shows in your mirrors? I even started doing that, giving up positions when I see somebody I don't recognize or know/see that they are too aggressive and it could end up badly. But there will still be situations where somebody will try to send it to the inside from 1 second behind, Danny Ricc style, forgetting that they are not really Danny Ricc.

It's just so easy to collect them. But it's not too late for you to bring it down, when you don't have many starts. Maintaining that is another thing Big Grin For example, I'm so deep down rabbit hole that I should do next 100 races without any, to bring it below 2.
Too much of your incident average depends on the actions of other people. I think when I first started here my average hovered around 6. I was slow and clumsy and got caught up in a lot of ridiculous pileups.

The more important measure is your target number of incidents. Good drivers try for zero and are happy to stay as close to it as possible. Those who don't care are the ones who cause problems for everyone. The trolls who try to hit everyone can GTFO.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
Do the servers take into consideration the inc rating of a driver, i thought it was just based on number booked and rating?
Incidents are part of your rating. How much does it affect, nobody knows. Well, nobody except the admin Big Grin
Remember that incidents take away from your total score for the race.. so you may battle and crash into somebody to get one more position but it's all negated by INCS. You lose 3pts for every INCS.. So you may dive bomb and plow into a few other cars trying to take P10 but then you lost 15pts off your total. Better to stay clean and get your points.. especially when you're new to SRS and trying to get your rating up so you can be in the top splits for popular races. Just my 2 cents.
(11-10-2019, 12:17 PM)Matej Macak Wrote:  Hey, I'm currently sitting at the avg. of 3 incidents per race (only done 2 so far, both with 3). All of those were just bumps from close racing that didn't affect either of us, except for one, where I misjudged a braking zone and spun the driver in front of me (of course I gave him my position right after). But it brought me to a question about how many accidents per race would you consider acceptable and fair? I saw racers with 2 incidents being called all sorts of slurs, but I also saw racers in the top 3 with 4+ incidents that were being commended for a great race.

Maybe depends on how fast a driver you are. For example, faster drivers up front tend to get away from the other cars and have lower incidents, but mid pack can get you many incidents. Allowing room for other cars is the key to lowering your inc rating. I would say 3 is the limit, above 3 and something is definitely wrong. Take a very fast driver that starts last from bad qualy and he has to make his way thru the field, well he may experience more hits than if he started up front.
id say 2 or less is good.
if you do the hour race thats like 3- 20 minute races. even worse in the 2.4hr race.
i'd like to see the incident average be per 20 minute. instead of by race.
    thanks again srs. i've had alot of fun here.