Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi S1 Fuel
Hi, i'm practising for this evening race with Audi S1 at Mosport. I'm on 1.16/1.17. With this laptime the races is going to be of around 15/16 laps.
But there is a problem. The fuel tank  contains 66 litres, that are 15 laps. 
To avoid retirements towards the end of the race (or even to make a pit stop in a 20 minute race) does the fuel rate could be decreased?
Might be worth saving fuel instead of splash & dash, it's useful to get used to know how to do it efficiently for 1h races (or 2.4h)
I was keeping quiet about this, as people running out of fuel is about my only chance of getting a good placing  Big Grin
I'm glad I checked the forums. Was just going to jump in and go.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
This should weed out those who don't think practice is something for them Dodgy
So many ran out of fuel?  Big Grin

I see plenty of 15 laps, i doubt they were lapped.
I practiced for an hour earlier.

Turned the turbo down to 70% for everything apart from the straightaway.

I ran out of fuel in 3rd place in SRS server 2. Luckily managed to roll into the pits and ended up 8th after a fumbled stop.

So much fun.
Not here, could have done with an extra lap to catch the drivers in front.

It does get me the lack of practice that happens. There's no way, in real life, you would be allowed to turn up and race with no practice or set up.

In the top server we had 17s covering the qualifying times. I was having problems with getting my tyres up to temperature as I kept getting stuck behind slower cars.
Do the turbo power affect to fuel consumption?
I see that the leaders barely saved fuel while I spent half of every lap lifting and I barely maked it to the end.

Fun race tho.
I did 30 mins practice before the race and was doing a steady 1:16. Pc died during quali. Then had issues avoiding those who had no practice. Braking in really odd places.

Overall great fun. Bring on Spa.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries