Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Race schedule for November 2019?
Wink 
November 2019 Race schedule

Where can i locate next months racing schedule. 
Or is it under a NDA till release. 

Thanks in advance [Image: wink.png]
Good Speed to you all!
It will show up on Friday/Saturday. Why is it always 2 days before, even after 10 months of racing here I can't figure out. Probably to build up the hype or something. I still believe that it would be better to announce it like a week before. For drivers to practice and for painters to have more time to paint liveries.
(10-30-2019, 03:31 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  It will show up on Friday/Saturday. Why is it always 2 days before, even after 10 months of racing here I can't figure out. Probably to build up the hype or something. I still believe that it would be better to announce it like a week before. For drivers to practice and for painters to have more time to paint liveries.

I do agree with you here, as I know they are organised at least one week in advance, I mean how else would SRS get all the servers ready for the switch over on Monday.

I Esp agree regarding the skins side of things.

Shaun
+100 for letting us know a good week before. That'd be the best. I have a pretty good idea what the Jean v zer0 car is going to be but only because I kiss up to them on their streams before/after their races. I know the Simpit folks decide on the car they are going to pick a good bit in advance as well. But the daily races and weekend races are always a total mystery.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Earlier reveiling will help with training and painting for sure.

But, people with not so much free time at their hands have a more equal chance to get going in the new series - a compromise could be letting us now which car (for the painters) but not which tracks - so on monday everyone starts with about the same amount of training.

I can live with it as it is now, always appreciated the effort SRS put in to set them up!
It happened two or three times already that a car had to be changed after it was announced due to legal reasons. I assume it happens regularly that they have to clear up legal questions before they can officially announce the series.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(10-31-2019, 06:52 AM)Thomas Muller Wrote:  Earlier reveiling will help with training and painting for sure.

But, people with not so much free time at their hands have a more equal chance to get going in the new series - a compromise could be letting us now which car (for the painters) but not which tracks - so on monday everyone starts with about the same amount of training.

I can live with it as it is now, always appreciated the effort SRS put in to set them up!

True, but you can look it from the other side too. If somebody can't practice during the weekend, they are at disadvantage over those who can grind Monday car during Saturday and Sunday. I think it's bigger difference between 1 day of practice and 2/3 (what we have now) than 3 days and 5/7 (what it would be if it's announced a week earlier).

(10-31-2019, 08:48 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  It happened two or three times already that a car had to be changed after it was announced due to legal reasons. I assume it happens regularly that they have to clear up legal questions before they can officially announce the series.

I believe that there are a lot of logistical problems that the admin can come across in organizing a series, including copyrights and unwillingness of some modders to share their tracks/cars, but this could be a problem only for the first time the announcements are pushed in advance. After that there are still 6 weeks to organize a new one, same as now. If anything, a week earlier gives the admin more time for those adjustments. Same goes for some car/track mods. There were a couple of cases where the car was released shortly before the race, resulting in some late hotfixes for bugs that were found during the first race. Earlier announcement would (hopefully) would end up in more offline testing and people could report possible bugs in time.

I'm personally fine either way. I'm very picky about the races (I'm not even committed to entire series, just the combos I really enjoy) so if I miss a race or two because I can't practice, it's no big deal for me. Maybe I would paint a skin or two. But there are probably people who are more affected. And maybe (but just maybe Big Grin) it would result in less people coming in Monday race and asking which tyres are going to last or how much fuel they need.
That sounds completely odd to me. All the cars/tracks used are typically free downloads on RaceDepartment or existing Kunos content. As far as I know, there's no "permission" required to run what is essentially public server races with a particular car and/or track. Especially since this is a free service.

My guess is that the racing series are announced whenever the administration gets around to it once he's got the youtuber's car and track choices, and really nothing more than that. Maybe it's the youtubers' fault it is always so late. Big Grin

I imagine one big time saver would be to not bother with the photoshoppery of the announcement poster. I think a big table would be easier to construct and easier for users to parse.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(10-31-2019, 09:21 AM)Igor Relja Wrote:  If somebody can't practice during the weekend, they are at disadvantage over those who can grind Monday car during Saturday and Sunday. I think it's bigger difference between 1 day of practice and 2/3 (what we have now) than 3 days and 5/7 (what it would be if it's announced a week earlier).

The people who only have 200 hours in AC are at a disadvantage to people who have 2000 hours in AC. After having done about 2500 hours worth of hotlaps and racing in AC I have most likely run every popular car/track combo at some point in time. In most cases I only do about 15-30 mins of practice for a race. So when the new series is announced doesn't bother me at all. If you want to have the same advantage as me you must put in a lot more time than just a weekend beforehand.
(10-31-2019, 02:25 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  That sounds completely odd to me. All the cars/tracks used are typically free downloads on RaceDepartment or existing Kunos content. As far as I know, there's no "permission" required to run what is essentially public server races with a particular car and/or track. Especially since this is a free service.

My guess is that the racing series are announced whenever the administration gets around to it once he's got the youtuber's car and track choices, and really nothing more than that. Maybe it's the youtubers' fault it is always so late. Big Grin

I imagine one big time saver would be to not bother with the photoshoppery of the announcement poster. I think a big table would be easier to construct and easier for users to parse.

European copyright laws are very strict and outdated (fair use sadly isn't a thing here). I could imagine that SRS could get into trouble for offering races with pirated material.

I don't think those claims would stick, but I would avoid dealing with pointless legal claims as well.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020