Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T1 T2 incidents
(10-17-2019, 03:13 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  You'll get the verdict once the admin decided. Even if he doesn't get penalty, you'll get PM saying so.

Usually it can take up to 6 weeks for admin to get through all protest. But, lately I'm getting results ~10 days after I've filed the report, so maybe there are more stewards now or the admin has more free time.

In the first protest I made they answered me a few days later. I didn't know that this usually took longer. Thanks for the information!
A while ago I've been receiving verdicts up to a months after the protest was filed, but the most recent one was done the next day, Maybe because it was in PC2 and the queue was far shorter.
Rumor has it that there is more than one person doing the stewarding now... not just Henrique.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(10-18-2019, 03:37 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Rumor has it that there is more than one person doing the stewarding now... not just Henrique.

If thats the case, I hope that steward/stewards isn't also a driver in any series on SRS due to impartiality, but also an experienced driver that can make decisions based on his own driving experience. Stewards also could tell us whats allowed and what is not at different tracks. But then again, stewards won't be able to post except under "simracingsystem" account. If it was an impartial driver that also competed, I would have no problem with that either    
im·par·tial
/imˈpärSHəl/
 Learn to pronounce

adjective: impartial
treating all rivals or disputants equally; fair and just
(10-18-2019, 08:42 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  If thats the case, I hope that steward/stewards isn't also a driver in any series on SRS due to impartiality, 

Well I have seen Henrique racing in SRS... Though I don't know if it was him who analyzed the protest in the race in which he participated (he wasn't directly involved in the incident)....
While I agree that you can learn to avoid accidents and that it always takes 2 I would apply this to race accidents after T1. There in most cases you have the option to back out if you wish. If there's a crash it's cos you didn't, no matter whether it's your fault or not.

In T1, even with awareness and caution there is abosuletly nothing you can do if 3 guys come hurtling down the track, don't brake and take another 5 with them. No matter how much experience you have and how much awareness you have - you're just a bowling pin.

I will never understand what a person who is 5 secs off the pace thinks he/she can gain by not braking in T1. They should not be banned for being bad drivers, they should be banned for lack of brains - maybe SRS should have an IQ test for signups Big Grin

Cheers

Chris
(10-21-2019, 09:35 AM)Chris Herrmann Wrote:  I will never understand what a person who is 5 secs off the pace thinks he/she can gain by not braking in T1. They should not be banned for being bad drivers, they should be banned for lack of brains - maybe SRS should have an IQ test for signups Big Grin

I suspect in most cases it's not a conscious "trying to gain by not braking", it's missing braking points because they spend time looking at other drivers, do not take into account the concertina effect, do not take into account that they cannot utilize normal racing line and normal speed because either they are on the inside on entry, or can't get to the apex because someone is there.

Most likely it's the "heat of the battle" thing, trying to outbrake the other guy at all cost, forgetting that you can and will outbrake yourself too.

Happens not only in L1 T1, see 11:00 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSdXOsYiOw8 , also 7:50 (no crash there though)

You can also see at 0:25 how I try to take into account my inside line for L1T1(nominally T2) and go into the turn rather slowly to avoid losing it and crashing into the guy on the outside, effectively giving up defense of P1 and almost losing P2. Not good for me, but still I prefer to be cautious and lose a position than crash and lose several positions or maybe the entire race due to damage.
(10-17-2019, 04:25 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  David, there other ways to help survive T1 other than starting from the back. Watch where people are and move out of the way. In cars with brake lights tap the brakes early to remind those behind you about the concept of braking. Etc.

Trust me i do all that start braking early look ate the helicorsa see were people are light touch on brakes etc. The seat locks very easy and unexperient drivers tend to just slide on t1 and and t2 as they come rushing for the posotions after low starts from over spinning the tyres. Lets say it was just a bad week ?
(10-18-2019, 02:24 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  
(10-18-2019, 08:42 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  If thats the case, I hope that steward/stewards isn't also a driver in any series on SRS due to impartiality, 

Well I have seen Henrique racing in SRS... Though I don't know if it was him who analyzed the protest in the race in which he participated (he wasn't directly involved in the incident)....

Pretty sure the owner gets to do what he wants to, I was referring to the "other" stewards.
Those two or three times when I was the stupid idiot in T1, it was pure stupidity and inexpierence and definitely not an attempt to gain places.

And there's nothing you can do against somebody plowing through half the field, that's true. But after some time you kind of develop a sense for how to get through T1 and avoiding the usual things. It's all about positioning and being able to anticipate problems before they happen. Sounds a bit philosophical, I know Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020