Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introducing: Assetto Corsa 2.4h Multi-class Racing @ SRS!
I really liked the race and it was very clean for the first time racing in that much traffic. Only had one little touch with a GT2 car and one harder hit at the end of the race where a GT2 car didn't stay on racing line. But for a total of 2 and a half hours this is pretty amazing. Also that the first two places where within 10 seconds in the last 15min or so did also surprise me.

However, despite finishing in 2nd after such a long race I only gained like 0.2 rating and had 5 incidents. In my opinion rating gain/loss and incidents which pretty much decide the championship here need to be adapted somehow.

I hope we can race a multi-class race at le mans or at the NOS someday.
I agree with Simon that the incident points need to be tweaked for longer races, if that is possible. Maybe for 2.4h races, an incident point should only cost 1 race point instead of the standard?

I raced in the GT2 class, and the BOP was for most part well executed. The M3 GT2 that I ran was actually competitive for a change. I would say the 911 RSR still had a slight performance advantage, and with a 120 liter fuel tank (vs 110 in the other cars) had a strategic advantage too. Maybe a ballast could counter that?
(10-15-2019, 03:05 PM)Michael Fazal Wrote:  I agree with Simon that the incident points need to be tweaked for longer races, if that is possible. Maybe for 2.4h races, an incident point should only cost 1 race point instead of the standard?

I raced in the GT2 class, and the BOP was for most part well executed. The M3 GT2 that I ran was actually competitive for a change. I would say the 911 RSR still had a slight performance advantage, and with a 120 liter fuel tank (vs 110 in the other cars) had a strategic advantage too. Maybe a ballast could counter that?
 now we have incidents/race.
 what about incidents/20min?
That would be more ideal but perhaps more difficult to implement.
Nice race and thanks everybody for being clean and fair.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
I think the incidents are good, just drive carefully, the race is long enough. perhaps an idea to set a performance level ceiling. Now there are riders with more than 800 points in the GT class, if they are so good they can also participate in the LMP class. a challenge for them and more opportunities for other drivers. now people stay away because they have no chance at all.
As lmp1 competitor I can say GT2 guys drove so so well, in fact I've finished race with 0 incidents. Thank you.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
I had a lot of fun in this series, I finished right about where I expected, but enjoyed the experience very much.
 These races were a 1st for me in both a multi-class and an endurance/longer race.
 I look forward to more of these types of races in the furture.
First race multiclass race for me and i really enjoyed it, except for one botched pitstop thanks to an invisible wall, otherwise it was really good.
It seemed to me that everything tried to be as respectful as possible passing and being passed so props to the gt2 guys, did a really good job imo.

said pitstop....

https://streamable.com/knk45

(10-20-2019, 07:07 PM)Mark van de Hel Wrote:  I think the incidents are good, just drive carefully, the race is long enough. perhaps an idea to set a performance level ceiling. Now there are riders with more than 800 points in the GT class, if they are so good they can also participate in the LMP class. a challenge for them and more opportunities for other drivers. now people stay away because they have no chance at all.

What if they dont like to drive the lmp1 cars?
(10-20-2019, 08:15 PM)Mark van de Hel Wrote:  I think the incidents are good, just drive carefully, the race is long enough. perhaps an idea to set a performance level ceiling. Now there are riders with more than 800 points in the GT class, if they are so good they can also participate in the LMP class. a challenge for them and more opportunities for other drivers. now people stay away because they have no chance at all.

Fredrik Söderstedt
What if they dont like to drive the lmp1 cars?

What if they also don't have enough working buttons on the wheel for the hybrid system? 
#justMyG25Things Big GrinBig Grin
www.youtube.com/user/TobiX09
http://tobix09.blogspot.com/