Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Delay registration time to 10 minutes after new clock
(10-01-2019, 10:14 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  [quote pid='31324' dateline='1569743819']
I'm not sure either but i do know it just "seems" like i barely miss the deadline for registration sometimes by 15 secs but that's my bad and not the clock's fault.

That's what I'm talking about. Many miss that deadline, probably because when they look into SRS is already too late

So why they look into SRS too late? Big Grin  everyone knows the deadline ends 5 minutes before the hour
[/quote]

it's already 7:55 , ohhhhhhh F**K me (rushes to open srs app).   Angry "rush" in American English. To do something or move very quickly, or to cause someone to act in such a way; hurry"
And it will be some driver that think: it’s my chance!!! He has not registered in!!!
I am so amazed about the lot of drivers that waits until the last 8 minutes to register in.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
Yeah I don't get that either. If I know I'm going to do a race, I register as early as I possibly can. Sometimes that IS 5.1 minutes before the hour, but most times it's 30 minutes to 2 hours before. Seems like this is just something folks should get accustomed to doing for SRS registration.

If I would suggest any changes to improve clarity, perhaps change the countdown timer to 0 out at the 5 minute till mark instead of on the hour. This would be acceptable in my mind since nothing actually starts right on the hour in game anyway (since practice can be put into overtime by drivers finishing up their last lap). With this change the countdown timer actually indicates what it is: a deadline for sign ups, not the time that any sort of racing actually starts.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(10-01-2019, 05:21 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Yeah I don't get that either. If I know I'm going to do a race, I register as early as I possibly can. Sometimes that IS 5.1 minutes before the hour, but most times it's 30 minutes to 2 hours before. Seems like this is just something folks should get accustomed to doing for SRS registration.

If I would suggest any changes to improve clarity, perhaps change the countdown timer to 0 out at the 5 minute till mark instead of on the hour. This would be acceptable in my mind since nothing actually starts right on the hour in game anyway (since practice can be put into overtime by drivers finishing up their last lap). With this change the countdown timer actually indicates what it is: a deadline for sign ups, not the time that any sort of racing actually starts.

Not a bad idea, and when it comes to 0 at 7:55 let's say, it can say "server ready in: 2:00, 1:59, 1:58, ..., etc.", because the server starts at 7:57
NEVER GIVE UP!
I Agree. The countdown should be to end of registration.
(10-01-2019, 10:14 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  
(09-30-2019, 01:28 PM)Marco Mollace Wrote:  
(09-29-2019, 07:56 AM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(09-29-2019, 02:58 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I'm still confused. Registration for any particular race is open basically any time, so long as you don't want to register for a race that will take place sooner than the race in question. Either I'm still not understanding what you are asking for, or you are not understanding how registration and how late you can actually join a server for a race you are registered for (which is basically all the way until the race ends).

The "race" doesn't actually start until ~13 minutes passed the hour currently. You have ~5 minutes of practice crossing the hour, then ~12 minutes of qualifying, then a 1 minute wait for the race to start (these are times for 20 minute timed races... 1 hour races just add 10 more minutes to qualifying).

So basically if you practice enough to get a good outlap and a single hotlap in before the race, you already can join the server 10 minutes after the hour (again, using the Online Server Browser... not the registration page Join button, which is always sketchy anyway for me), assuming the track isn't a 2+ minute laptime.

Am I making any sense? Big Grin

I'm not sure either but i do know it just "seems" like i barely miss the deadline for registration sometimes by 15 secs but that's my bad and not the clock's fault.

That's what I'm talking about. Many miss that deadline, probably because when they look into SRS is already too late

So why they look into SRS too late? Big Grin  everyone knows the deadline ends 5 minutes before the hour

Everyone knows doesn't imply that it's reminiscent. I know that deadline is 7.55 but it doesn't come to mind until 8.00. It's my fault of course, but players who forgets should be punished to wait an hour for next race? I think not.
Also, I approve that idea to changing countdown from server start to deadline.
(10-02-2019, 06:45 PM)Marco Mollace Wrote:  ...but players who forgets should be punished to wait an hour for next race? I think not.

That's the idea, yeah. Being on time, in video games as in life, is important. Smile

Quote:Also, I approve that idea to changing countdown from server start to deadline.

Probably should wait until the next season before dumping that on everyone, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's the right call. I've been here long enough to not remember what confused me in the beginning, but I'm pretty sure I had to learn the hard way that the deadline was X:55.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
If simply delaying a deadline would help people to be on time, we could simply move all the deadlines in the world a little later and all of a sudden everything would be a lot better.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(10-03-2019, 08:35 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  If simply delaying a deadline would help people to be on time, we could simply move all the deadlines in the world a little later and all of a sudden everything would be a lot better.

Well said Simon ! It applies to the whole world and life, then we throw in DST (Daylight Savings Time for some of us) move the clocks forward a whole hour so we can get more sleep and be at work an hour later every day.  In fact, I do everything 1 hour later, except sim race at SRS, SRS doesn't change the clocks during DST for us. I forget.
“but players who forgets should be punished to wait an hour for next race? I think not.”

Eeerrr, yes lol. He forgot... he has to wait, other XX number of people didn’t forget, nor they are crying about it
NEVER GIVE UP!