Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
DRM Revival
The results of yesterday's race aren't there, just mentioning it in case nobody of the SRS guys noticed that yet :-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Tried to get onto the servers today but always received checksum failed message. reinstalled track twice with no reward, drm mod is on its newest version, very frustrated and dont know why that one went wrong. Someone else experienced this issue?
why this mod atract so many , politely caled "NFS racers",, giving up this series , get 3 bumps in T1 from same car is enough
(10-21-2019, 08:07 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  why this mod atract so many , politely caled "NFS racers",, giving up this series , get 3 bumps in T1 from same car is enough

give those cars a try at Road Atlanta first, it's so much fun with those cars ;-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Indeed...

Just been at Road Atlanta testing the Lancia and the Capri. It's such a good track for these cars.

The Lancia is so much fun, but the Capri is much faster. Using the softest tyres I can do a low 1:27 in the Lancia (consistent mid 27s), but can get in the high 1:25s in the Capri (consistent mid 26s).

Has anyone had any luck with setting up the Capri? I have obviously shortened the gearing and messed about with tyre pressures, but anything else seems to make no difference to my times.

I think the cars might be so edgy, that driving style is more important than setup. I'm no pro driver, but can handle them OK. I honestly can't feel much difference by changing setups.

Cheers,

Ben
Ugh such a tough race for me on the last go around Road Atlanta. Getting used to my new VR goggles, so apologies to whomever I bumped. Was a great series though and I hope we see these cars in the future soon. Congrats Mikko on the championship, you earned it!
realy realy bumping series, so many times bumped when realy it wasnt needed Sad
Grats to Mikko !

Sorry guys for the last lap and last corner, my engine has blown away 500 meters before finish line.
That was fun. I was OK until the last corner and did a big spin. Still gutted that I missed Brands Hatch.

What's the next series?
(10-28-2019, 09:12 PM)Ben Nash Wrote:  What's the next series?
The next series always get announced on sunday.

(10-28-2019, 09:00 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  realy realy bumping series, so many times bumped when realy it wasnt needed Sad

You were seriously off pace in the lap I had to follow you together with a couple of other guys and you caused a lot of confusion. You went into some corners easily 20 km/h slower than everybody else would have. Of course people behind a slower car have to pay attention and adapt, but that really wasn't okay anymore.

It seemed like you didn't really practice before the race. I assume lots of the inciditends you constantly complain about are actually because of things like that. You seriously should see things more objectively, have a look at the replays and think about what you could have done differently, even if it's the other guys fault.

You're very fast and a very capable sim racer, but when shit constantly happens to somebody, maybe it's that somebody who should change and not just the other people.

That being said, me bumping into you when I overtook you was 100% my fault and I'm sorry. I locked up my tires and got carried over to your side.

--

And that being said: that race was amazing!

I started 7th and somebody bumped into me in the first corner and I ended up 16th. But what a happy little accident that was. I had a blast gaining back all the places up to 9th place.

@Ben: too bad you lost it in T1 in the last lap, I was looking forward to a fight :-)

here are two of my overtakes: https://streamable.com/apfvv

I think the other guys were Alan Serafini Danesi and Dennis Naglefski. I'm still amazed by how calm I staid when the straight suddenly turned into grass Big Grin

--

Amazing series! Thank you SRS and DRM for making that possible. I hope we'll repeat that soon (with maybe two or three fast tracks like Fuji 68 or the Österreichring).