Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRS Protest system change
Yeah, I think it is implied that he means during the race and specifically poor sport BS that people spout when they think they got punted but instead it was something entirely different that happened. Before and after race it seems like that's a rule we break always.

I'd love it if all the folks that don't know how to disable the PLP app that spams every time they cut the chicane at Donington could be banned for life, however. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(07-23-2019, 07:22 PM)RussellĀ Sobie Wrote:  I'd love it if all the folks that don't know how to disable the PLP app that spams every time they cut the chicane at Donington could be banned for life, however. Big Grin

+1 Big Grin
Yeah that PLP stuff can be annoying as hell..
NEVER GIVE UP!
(07-22-2019, 10:53 PM)Krzysztof Witkowski Wrote:  Hey guys! I came up with an idea of changing form of protests from reviewing it by SRS admins to voting if someone should be punished or not. It would clearly speed up the process and it would be easier to admin as he wouldn't need to spend time on it instead. The idea is to make a new sub-page with protests and let's say just two buttons: 'penalty' and 'no penalty' under every video plus maybe a place to add your comment to express yourself why you voted for it. What do you think?

In theory great idea, in practice, I'm afraid, not so much. Protest should be totally anonymous to avoid anything bad like vote brigading or salty discussions about the incidents. So, the cars would have to be completely without livery and no time of the race should be shown. Good example for that is Overwatch in CS:GO. For those who are not familiar, basically you get a demo of 8 rounds with player names changed to random and then you have to decide if a person is cheating / griefing. It works with CS because Valve can filter your Steam ID so you don't get your own match, and there are millions of people playing it every month so it's easy to randomize who gets which case. It just wouldn't be possible with a forum where you have like 50 active members out of 100s driving each day. I don't think that's even possible to make with AC's engine, and making drivers who are submitting protest do that, would be too much. And that still wouldn't prevent somebody from recognizing their incidents and call their friends to vote either way.

And, IMO, it's a bad idea to let everyone have a vote. Look at USA or, since yesterday, UK Tongue
(07-24-2019, 12:57 PM)IgorĀ Relja Wrote:  And, IMO, it's a bad idea to let everyone have a vote. Look at USA or, since yesterday, UK Tongue

USA would never allow the general public (ignorant in the ways of government) to decide anything, that's the quickest way to lose a country. Truth.