Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Safety Rating on SRS?
Took the survey.
But I think 2 inc is a very hard, I think that if you only do these 20min races its very easy to rack up inc pts.
Id like to think that im a pretty fair and clean driver but here is some stats.

TT cup: 7 Races & 2,9 inc avg
GT2: 13 races & 0,6 inc avg

last season
GT3 euro & asia: 20 + 17 races & 2,3 + 2,8 inc avg
Primera: 23 races & 2,4 inc avg
Aussie stig Mini: 4 races & 3,5 inc avg.

As you can see you can rack up incidents in the hour races too, though im sure the nordschleife races might skew the results a tiny bit. Expect the GT2 incident avg to go up for sure as we do nordschleife.
I consider myself a clean and experienced driver, and my incident rating is 2.5... I see others commenting the same, so it seems that 2 is a bit low. I can asure you that 80% of those came from behind me, either on T1 wrecks or dive bombers. So I could only prevent the other 20% by avoiding great disputes, but that spoils the fun of the races.

I love to race GT cars, where the battles can go for many turns or even laps, 2 or 3 wide on the straights, then turns side by side... eventually there is contact. That is acceptable as long as it is an honest mistake and the position is given back.

It is also not clear for me how incidents are counted here. Is there a page explaining it? Does it show on the screen during the race? Or at the end? I can only see my average afterwards.
Does it count if you crash after the finish line? On Quali and Warm up? Any contact or only hard ones? If you slide out of track? If you get multiple hits on the same crash does it count as one or many?
(07-23-2019, 03:36 PM)Luiz Lotito Wrote:  I consider myself a clean and experienced driver, and my incident rating is 2.5... I see others commenting the same, so it seems that 2 is a bit low. I can asure you that 80% of those came from behind me, either on T1 wrecks or dive bombers. So I could only prevent the other 20% by avoiding great disputes, but that spoils the fun of the races.

I love to race GT cars, where the battles can go for many turns or even laps, 2 or 3 wide on the straights, then turns side by side... eventually there is contact. That is acceptable as long as it is an honest mistake and the position is given back.

It is also not clear for me how incidents are counted here. Is there a page explaining it? Does it show on the screen during the race? Or at the end? I can only see my average afterwards.
Does it count if you crash after the finish line? On Quali and Warm up? Any contact or only hard ones? If you slide out of track? If you get multiple hits on the same crash does it count as one or many?

If there s a way to know during the race, that would be the little damage icon, when it flashes for sure that's an inc (unless you bottom the front spoiler on your own for example).
Some very light contacts don't register, or sometimes only one car get them. Incidents don't count in practice and quali, only race. They DO register after the finish line. If you hit off track, a wall, barrier,.. that's one too. About multiples hits, i think there s a small threshold but don't get your hopes up too much about that, if you have 2 hits in like a second it's going to register as 2 incidents, most likely.

Got 2 hits there T1 (old series no hard feeling, just an illustration)

I also think 2 inc average would be a bit tough, it depends what series people have been running as well in my opinion. 3 would be more reasonable.
2.0, that would deprive quite a few good drivers from having me in the way! (Once thought I could get to 1.0, but lotus 98t @ Monaco and Pau ruined that many races ago).  Still haven’t recovered. Like the survey though, looking forward to the results.
2.0 is too tough, yes – and let's not forget that there are series where contacts aren't necessarily are a bad thing (Audi TT, DTM90s, etc.)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Thanks everybody for the participation in this discussion and for taking the survey.

Participation has been lower than I would have wished (42 people), but there is virtually unanimous support for the idea of a Safety Rating in general and strong support for the idea of one "filtered" series below a set level of SR.

I have taken note of the comments saying that the 2 threshold is probably too low, and communicated that in my message to Henrique in which I share the results.

Here are the survey answers :

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-WR8K7S997/
Thanks for all the effort!
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(07-24-2019, 08:52 AM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  Thanks everybody for the participation in this discussion and for taking the survey.

Participation has been lower than I would have wished (42 people), but there is virtually unanimous support for the idea of a Safety Rating in general and strong support for the idea of one "filtered" series below a set level of SR.

I have taken note of the comments saying that the 2 threshold is probably too low, and communicated that in my message to Henrique in which I share the results.

Here are the survey answers :

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-WR8K7S997/

Yeah, it shows what was, unfortunately, probably expected. Same 40-50 people who are always discussing the same things about safety or on-track behaviour did the survay. Sadly, I recognize a lot of those names from races, and vast majority of them aren't the problem. Sure, contacts and mistakes happen all the time, but from my experience with those drivers, they are almost always on the edge of racing incident or simple honest mistakes.

But nice job anyway!
I like this idea. Too often correct drivers had their race destroyed by others with no idea of respect and safe driving. Maybe, 2.5 could be a good starting point. But, in that case, the rating had to change only for caused accidents, and not for collision with drivers pirates ?