Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Positions and Champ Points
For whatever reason I was put into server 2 of the GT2 america when in the last two races I was put into server 1 being 12th in championship. Is this right? It made for a really boring race as I just swept the field in server 2 and hurt my champ points.
It does seem a bit odd... but remember, championship points aren't the ONLY thing that decides what server you get put on to... it's just the more heavily weighted thing. For all we know, it's 51% current champ points, and 49% current driver rating. Everyone on server one had a fairly higher rating than you, and the few that only just had a higher rating had way more starts than you do. Oh, and it looks like your current incident average is 3, which is pretty high compared to everyone above you. So likely that's part of the calculation as well.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(07-20-2019, 03:57 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  It does seem a bit odd... but remember, championship points aren't the ONLY thing that decides what server you get put on to... it's just the more heavily weighted thing. For all we know, it's 51% current champ points, and 49% current driver rating. Everyone on server one had a fairly higher rating than you, and the few that only just had a higher rating had way more starts than you do. Oh, and it looks like your current incident average is 3, which is pretty high compared to everyone above you. So likely that's part of the calculation as well.

I see, thank you for the clarification.
A couple of new high 700 and a 800 joined the race yesterday, so this is probably the reason you didn't make it. Those will be in split 1 even if they didn't participate in the champ before, and they didn't do too great, but that's how it is.
Good news is you have another race tonight to make it up for it.
I missed the first F197 race this season and when I joined the second race I was immediately put into server 1 (700 points).

I was happy of course, but I don't think it's fair for those people who already participated in the first race. Marco Monitto (currently 3rd in the championship) lost valuable points because he was put in server 2, for example.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020