Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
(08-04-2019, 12:56 AM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  I think we can safely assume that he is a smart person, and such he thought of this option, maybe even tested it, and figured it does not work for him.  As you said, he would need to check and select various angles. Now he doesn't, if he can't decide with the angles selected by the protester, he just responds "Verdict: Invalid protest. Camera angle does not allows us to rule."  

Also for your method to work the admin would have to store all replays and also every time load the replay to watch it.  I am sure you have noticed that loading a replay in game takes quite a while, probably 2-3 minutes if not more. In some games you can't even jump to specific time, you have to fast forward.  Starting an online video takes a second and you can jump to any time.  

I hadn't noticed replays take time to load. I have mine on a SSD so it pretty much instant. If replays on HDD are indeed that much slower than that might indeed be a issue and hadn't thought of that and storing replays on SDD would get pretty expensive and not viable for SRS.

Also I am sure he's a smart person not denying that, i'm just making a suggestion i believe would be a improvement to the SRS experience. But if we are going with 'well he's a smart person' to every suggestion we might well close the suggestion part of the forum as we wont need it any more. 

Quote:So you are admitting that your system is actually flawed because it needs another mechanism to limit the number of protests, while the current system basically takes care of that automatically.

I dont see how that is flaw in my system. Both systems limit the number of protest but one is easier to use for the end user while making sure people dont protest willy nilly.

Any way i have taking this post off topic long enough so should probably stop. :p You made some valid points like load time being a issue with HDD, unlike my personal experience with SSD and it making it a lot harder for SRS staff to check replays with those load times.

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Thomas Chevalier - 08-04-2019, 01:54 AM