Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
(08-04-2019, 12:16 AM)Thomas Chevalier Wrote:  That person already being overtaxed also isn't a valid argument though for not having a simpler and easier to use protest system. A time stamp and description of a incident and using the replay to check it out should only be a minuscule difference if not quicker than watching a uploaded video as you can quickly check the needed angles the way you like instead of a potently biased view that the person submitting a video is showing.

I think we can safely assume that he is a smart person, and such he thought of this option, maybe even tested it, and figured it does not work for him.  As you said, he would need to check and select various angles. Now he doesn't, if he can't decide with the angles selected by the protester, he just responds "Verdict: Invalid protest. Camera angle does not allows us to rule."  

Also for your method to work the admin would have to store all replays and also every time load the replay to watch it.  I am sure you have noticed that loading a replay in game takes quite a while, probably 2-3 minutes if not more. In some games you can't even jump to specific time, you have to fast forward.  Starting an online video takes a second and you can jump to any time.  

(08-04-2019, 12:16 AM)Thomas Chevalier Wrote:  Also as i said i my previous post i do believe a system that is easier use would also need a limit to the amount of protest one can file to make sure admin dont get flooded and people carefully choose the incident they submit.
So you are admitting that your system is actually flawed because it needs another mechanism to limit the number of protests, while the current system basically takes care of that automatically.

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Pawel Kusmierek - 08-04-2019, 12:56 AM