Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
(08-03-2019, 02:58 PM)Thomas Chevalier Wrote:  One of my personal biggest pet peeve in sim racing is when people crash and instead of just holding their car so people can drive around them they try to instantly get back into the race.
That's because you race in SRS. In open public simracing, you are actually happy if people go back on track too eagerly and don't do worse thing. Because usually you have to deal with outright blocking, pushing you off track while you pass, or with backmarkers who have "fun" trying to ram all passing cars

(08-03-2019, 02:58 PM)Thomas Chevalier Wrote:  Whenever i crash, doesn't matter if it was my fault or not, and i get stuck in the middle of the track turned the wrong way around and i have half the grid coming from behind i just sit there and wait for everybody to pass even if that means i cant get back into the race until im all the way last.

Which is the right thing to do. If you are good, you can still make up for that, es evidence by one of the best ever racing videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw5dk8Xbi4
The guy started in P1, dropped to P3 on start, was punted off the track in T2, waited until the field passes, rejoned in P30, later hit a spun car, and still finished P4.

I try to do it as well, here I lost about 8 positions because after a spinout I waited patiently until all traffic comes by (at 0:40)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NErK7WGpOvY

(08-03-2019, 02:58 PM)Thomas Chevalier Wrote:  Also slightly off topic, i looked at how submitting a protest works and think require someone to upload a video is a bit of a hurdle, maybe intentionally to make sure people dont over submit protest, but wouldn't it be easier to just submit the timestamp ,drivers involved and a description of what happened and admin use the race replay to check it out?
As far as we know, there is only one admin, who is already overwhelmed by analyzing protests, as evidenced by processing time exceeding 1 month. If you put more burden on him, it will get even worse. I think it's the person filing a protest who should spend time isolating the incident, finding informative camera angles, etc. Not the admin.

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Pawel Kusmierek - 08-03-2019, 04:44 PM