Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
(07-21-2019, 08:19 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I'd go so far as to say I fully disagree with Maciek.

I want to be gentle.. ;-)  I suspect the reason for the disagreement is at least partially due to different understanding of the word.

(07-21-2019, 08:19 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  P.S. I didn't see anything untoward in that video, Pawel. I'm assuming you are referring to the turn where he drifts to keep it on the track? Not a move I'd have tried, but then again, I probably would have just kept a tight inside line forcing you to stay on the outside and not bothered going sideways. Then it'd be your responsibility to leave me the space and likely have to slow down to do so. Then just move over to the right, hug the inside for the next turn, and there'd have been no possible way to get by.

The only way this would be considered a divebomb is if they simply didn't have the overlap before your turn in... but they did so you've got to leave him space anyway (even if he's going to almost lose control).

I am glad that you see nothing wrong in the video.  Because it was me who was drifting in the black momo car Big Grin . I just recorded the video from the other guy's view to show the entirety of the situation.  This was almost the end of the race, I was desperate to defend this position (which I almost lost by making a mistake in the previous exit) by all legal means.  My thinking was: if I brake early, he will just pass me on the outside, and also will have the inside line for the next corner, and I am screwed. If I brake late and try to turn normally, he will switch to the inside, I will be VERY far on the outside or even out of track, and he will pass me anyway.. So I purposefully braked very late, so that a drift was the only way to stay within the track and even close to the middle of it, and it worked. I was surprised it did as I have very little experience with drifting  Smile . But the car, a GT86 but with 365HP, is made for drifting.

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Pawel Kusmierek - 07-21-2019, 08:40 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM