Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing
(07-19-2019, 10:44 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  
Quote:"Braking early" isn't what the front of the pack needs to do... it's what the rest of the pack needs to do... the further back in the pack, the earlier you need to brake. Beginners don't typically understand how a slow turn actually works in a crowd; they approach the turn like they do any hotlap and end up finding a lot of solid objects in their path for some reason.
One can be a beginner and run full race grid T1s safely. I`ve seen new people do it plenty of times by easing it in even while losing positions. Others want to gain positions at T1 while they don`t have the skills. They get reported and receive suspensions.

Quote:Sure, but I think that's what he is getting at. Currently the rules as stated means that dive bombing is perfectly legal and those on the outside in a dive bomb situation are required to suddenly give space on the inside even though they are likely not going to be able to at the last moment. Pick whatever overlap rules you want but then make them explicit for each series, or more conveniently, for all series on SRS.

Explicit rules are good for so many reasons, but being able to point to a rule and say "This guy did that thing that the rules say he can't, and so should receive a penalty/reprimand." Currently it's "well, this guy broke this rule that F1 has and ended up hitting me, so here's a video of him doing it, what do you think?" and then waiting around for a few weeks for the guy to MAYBE understand why he just got suspended for a month.
To any and everyone taking part in SRS it should be clear from the start that divebombing is legal until you run into the guy in front of you. It is 100% your responsibility to make divembombing stick with no collision. SRS admin gives penalty to divebombers who hit their opponents. That is a good bullet point since many people don`t understand what divebombing is.

Divebombing done with skill however, is both safe and makes one`s opponent stay marooned on the outside.

Quote:Yeah, I wouldn't want a rule for this either. I will make the decision to wait and give the spot back if 1) I know it was my fault and 2) less than 2-3 cars are going to pass both of us while I'm waiting. But that should be entirely my call at the moment of the incident. I will say that I'm likely to never file a protest against someone if they give the spot back... so for your own benefit I'd say if you just did something that warrants a suspension (like full on t-boning someone at a chicane) giving the spot back might let you keep racing in the long run. Wink
SRS admin does not treat position giveaway as grounds for dismissing a report, and rightfully so. If you tboned your opponent or ran into his door, you get a suspension.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Luiz Lotito - 07-18-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Maciek Sobczak - 07-21-2019, 06:52 PM
RE: 5 Golden Rules / Race Briefing - by Kees Post - 08-01-2019, 07:15 PM