Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam auto popup confirmation [SOLVED]
Question 
Hi,

I'm trying to develop some way to automate the confirmation of the steam popup when launching R3E from SRS. So I made a little test application that launches R3E expecting the popup. But when I launch R3E with my application I do not get a popup. Is there a parameter or a way of launching that SRS uses that triggers the popup window from Steam?

These are the parameters I use to launch:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 211500

I've tried launching via CreateProcessA and ShellExecute and both launch without steam popup.

Best regards,

Maarten

[EDIT]
Ok, figured it out:

Launch via ShellExecute -> RRRE64.exe = Steam popup
Launch via CreateProcessA -> RRRE64.exe = NO Steam popup
Launch via ShellExecute -> Steam.exe = NO popup
Launch via CreateProcessA -> Steam.exe = NO Steam popup

Maybe the developer of SRS find this of use.

I've made a little background application that automatically confirms the steam popup. If there is some interest I can probably make it publicly available, but maybe I'm the only one who finds the popup a little bit annoying.
I think that the popup shows up everytime you start the game with parameters so you don't need to make an application to show it up, you can just trigger it by creating a shortcut to the game and adding the params at the end of the path.

In any case, that popup is something that Steam adds for security, so I don't think you can bypass it unless you're thinking is some kind of script that clicks the OK button for you.
The application I made is just to test a possible auto confirmation. I expected steam to trigger the popup, but it didn't. I do not want to test this with the SRS app itself, because there is no SRS test environment.
Solved (see above)