Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: What do you think of weekly competitions of 40 minutes instead of 20?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like it
86.36%
19 86.36%
I don't like it
13.64%
3 13.64%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Race Open Wheel Longer
I would love to do so, we could compete with more strategy in the weekly race, particularly the formula for open wheel formula (e.g. the F1 97 to understand us at this stage), maybe instead of 20 minutes, 40 minutes. I don't think it would change anything at the server level, but the races would certainly be more interesting. What do you think?
I would love to even have Formulas as daily 1 hour races. RSS F3 proved to be very fun and popular, despite a lot of crashes. I know it probably won't happen next season since it's daily race this one (or even ever), but a guy can dream Big Grin
And fixed setups for open wheelers Tongue Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!
(07-16-2019, 10:13 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  I would love to even have Formulas as  daily 1 hour races. RSS F3 proved to be very fun and popular, despite a lot of crashes. I know it probably won't happen next season since it's daily race this one (or even ever), but a guy can dream Big Grin

This would be a dream
One hour races are literally holes in the schedule I won't touch because I find them boring unless there just happens to be someone RIGHT at my skill level. 20 minute races already turn into hotlaps after about 7 or 8 laps most races... so why anyone wants to prolong that punishment I do not understand.

League races where everyone is within half a second lap time of each other every lap? Great... don't even stop at 1 hour... do a 2 or 3 hour race if it suits your fancy. But in my opinion, even with the required pit stop and tire wear variables thrown in still don't add enough interest for me to spend that much time.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
The current weekly F1 race should have been longer, yes.

Daily 1hr races wouldn't have much attendance, I think. And yes, those daily "minor formula" races should always be with fixed setups.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(07-17-2019, 09:50 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  One hour races are literally holes in the schedule I won't touch because I find them boring unless there just happens to be someone RIGHT at my skill level. 20 minute races already turn into hotlaps after about 7 or 8 laps most races... so why anyone wants to prolong that punishment I do not understand.

League races where everyone is within half a second lap time of each other every lap? Great... don't even stop at 1 hour... do a 2 or 3 hour race if it suits your fancy. But in my opinion, even with the required pit stop and tire wear variables thrown in still don't add enough interest for me to spend that much time.

In fact, I suggested a 40 minutes race, to prevent the “holes”. Now we finish the race at 19:35, with my suggest, at 19:55
That wouldn't be enough time to leave the race, exit out, and register for the next race (you have to register before :55). I think at most you'd be able to fit within a single hour time slot would be maybe 35 minutes with 10 minute qualifying.

Aside from that, the "holes" I'm referring to are the 1 hour races themselves, not just the fact that it leaves the server unused for a large amount of time after they are over. I don't like them generally, so they essentially take up a 2 hour chunk of time I'm not going to be interested in racing in.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(07-27-2019, 12:14 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  That wouldn't be enough time to leave the race, exit out, and register for the next race (you have to register before :55). I think at most you'd be able to fit within a single hour time slot would be maybe 35 minutes with 10 minute qualifying.

Aside from that, the "holes" I'm referring to are the 1 hour races themselves, not just the fact that it leaves the server unused for a large amount of time after they are over. I don't like them generally, so they essentially take up a 2 hour chunk of time I'm not going to be interested in racing in.

Ah, ok. I think that also 30 minutes could be a good compromise. I hope you can try it, and then decide if it can continue or no. Otherwise, F1 1997 is amazing. Wonderful, and very sensitive to setup changes. I’d love a new champ on the next season. Unlikely I can’t race anymore until September :-(
I would like to thank you publicly for having finally satisfied us. The 1 hour F1 race is a dream come true for me and many of us who asked for it. Sure, it will involve a lot of training work, but I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun. Thanks thanks thanks!!!