Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam name must match SRS name
From what I've gathered in this thread, you can also just... not use your real name in your Steam profile, if you just want to race and don't care about being classified by the system?
and I can activate the ban option for those who do that
...Fair enough.
I'd really prefer not to have to use my real name on Steam, or have to keep switching accounts just to use SRS with PC2
Is there anyway SRS can grab results through a more secure method? Right now anyone could connect with your name, or no name, and wreck servers almost consequence free
It's not a matter of grabing results, it's about using real names.

Only registered users can enter the servers, so every one can be identified, so the anyone can wreck without consequences part doesn't apply, specially considering the number of users on the races
Can't SRS add a new parameter "Steam name" where you enter your Steam name for pickup of results, but it's not the name used in SRS?

New here, just thinking...
No, because you are meant to race with your real name.
(08-14-2019, 12:15 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  No, because you are meant to race with your real name.

I think everyone here understands that.

"Is there a way to associate our steam name to our real name so that PCARS2 will display our real name while racing but our steam name will remaning the same?"
Is the question that should be asked. I too have reservations about using my real name on Steam. There are other concerns at play here so despite wanting to race SRS in PCARS2, I am giving it some thought.
(08-20-2019, 03:59 PM)Miguel Batista Wrote:  
(08-14-2019, 12:15 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  No, because you are meant to race with your real name.

I think everyone here understands that.

"Is there a way to associate our steam name to our real name so that PCARS2 will display our real name while racing but our steam name will remaning the same?"
Is the question that should be asked. I too have reservations about using my real name on Steam. There are other concerns at play here so despite wanting to race SRS in PCARS2, I am giving it some thought.

Totally agree. I won't put my real name on Steam due to privacy purpouses, so if there is no solution i will stick to assetto corsa even when i think project cars 2 has a lotof potential for SRS. Sad
I think that it has been suggested already that you can set up an additional steam account using your real name, share the game with it, and only use that account for SRS while using your main account for other PC2 races and for other games.