Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Password?
Question 
Hello,

Registered for a race on the SRS app and when I attempted to join, it would make the connection to the server but hang up and kick me back to the server browser. At that point I would try to join the Simracingsystem1 server but it asked for a password? What am I doing wrong?  Huh

Cheers,
Tim
Exact same problem :-(

Anyone who has issues with Raceroom starting bu the multiplayer session is not connecting and you try to manually select the SRS server in multiplayer without having a password here is the fix:

"Note 4: If you need to run RRE with command line parameters, like -vr etc.. Please insert them on the "RRE cmd" edit box bellow content detection and delete them on steam."

Pay attention - it is NOT enough to follow the step 4 as above (I did but still I had the same issue) - you MUST terminate Steam completely and RESTART Steam after deleting the command parameter in Steam!
Can we get an explanation on this? Help? Tired of losing rating due to not getting into the race...
Do you guys run R3E in VR or with any other kind of Steam parameters? Which ones eventually? Is content detection off? SRS doesn't get blocked by your antivirus, right?
Hello,

No parameters in my SRS profile or in Steam. I do not run VR. Content detection is off in my profile. I do not have any antivirus program on my computer so no issue there.

So there should be no entering of a password in theory? Not sure why the server is asking for one...
No, you should just press OK on the Steam window that pops out after clicking Join in the app, then the game loads, and after a second or so, you automatically load into the server, nothing needs to be done untill you are in the pits...
Your situation is a bit wierd, make sure the SRS folder is in the right place ( Program Files (x86)->Steam->steamapps->common->raceroom racing experience->Game->x64->SRS_RRE ) and if everything looks fine even after a double check, just delete everything and start fresh, making sure to do no mistakes... I once had some troubles too making this thing run, and as I wasn't able to find the problem I just did like this, deleted all and started from zero... it worked and still is...

And by the way neither of you should worry about your rating: have you actually seen it drop? 'cause I missed a bunch of races too during my troubles, and for some reasons it just looks like you are able to join the server for a second and then you get kicked out of it: this doesn't trigger any penalty, you can leave during practice or qualy without any consecuences, and doesn't even register as a missed race since you tried to join (proof is that you are still trying to register and you are not banned)... so relax and take your time to figure it out and do all the tests you need...
Thank you very much Lorenzo for explaining … and indeed the rating did really stay untouched (what a relief).

If people keep getting no join to the SRS server (I did) although they have no start up parameters set in Steam - keep messing with Steam, shutting Steam down, reloading it, cycle your computer (and make sure still there are no startup parameters just in case).
This helped me to get the auto join to work.

Unfortunately I could not race either because I was kicked from the server a few moments after I managed to join.
Is there any trouble shooting for getting kicked off the SRS server?
Thanks so much for the great explanation Smile All is working now!
(07-04-2019, 04:33 AM)Dirk Steffen Wrote:  Thank you very much Lorenzo for explaining … and indeed the rating did really stay untouched (what a relief).

If people keep getting no join to the SRS server (I did) although they have no start up parameters set in Steam - keep messing with Steam, shutting Steam down, reloading it, cycle your computer (and make sure still there are no startup parameters just in case).
This helped me to get the auto join to work.

Unfortunately I could not race either because I was kicked from the server a few moments after I managed to join.
Is there any trouble shooting for getting kicked off the SRS server?
I'd say is just the same problem that somehow got a bit better, because now you actually see the server for a moment, but is defenetly the same issue... it sure is time consuming, but I would do as follow:
-delete everything, the SRS folder, any shortcut to it if you created it, even the compressed folder you downloaded if you still got it
-chek if Steam client is updated (just for safety, shouldn't take long)
-run an integrity check on Raceroom itself (that is going to take some time)
-exit Steam (not just minimize it, exit completely)
-download the SRS folder again, make sure you extract it with a good app (possibly the one suggested in the instructions post) and triple check you are moving the extracted folder in the right place
-try to join again the first scheduled race, as I said if you leave before qualy ends you get no penalties, that way you'll know immediatly if this worked, if it did just run a couple of laps to be sure it's stable and leave before qualy ends, you'll be able to join safely your favorite race later...
I was able to get all the way until it asked me for a password for the server Sad