Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Participating in specific series
1) Do you need to sign up for a specific series, or do you just register for specific races?

2) Are there specific requirements to joining races in a series, or is it just a matter of if you feel comfortable enough with a car in that series and feel you can semi-keep up, then go ahead and join?

3) I noticed it looks like there are multiple races each day for a track in a series and seems to be each track runs for a week at a time.  Can you join as many of those races in the week as you want? Is there any grouping of points and such based on specific times, or is it just the total points for the week in a series? For instance you just race the 6:00pm race every day, does it group points based on that at all?

4) Are there ever any series/leagues that only run one race a week at one specific set time?

Thanks for the answers in advance!
(05-17-2019, 05:20 PM)Caleb Avent Wrote:  1) Do you need to sign up for a specific series, or do you just register for specific races?

2) Are there specific requirements to joining races in a series, or is it just a matter of if you feel comfortable enough with a car in that series and feel you can semi-keep up, then go ahead and join?

3) I noticed it looks like there are multiple races each day for a track in a series and seems to be each track runs for a week at a time.  Can you join as many of those races in the week as you want? Is there any grouping of points and such based on specific times, or is it just the total points for the week in a series? For instance you just race the 6:00pm race every day, does it group points based on that at all?

4) Are there ever any series/leagues that only run one race a week at one specific set time?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

To answer your questions:

1) If you're looking at series like how iRacing or AOR does series/seasons then no, however, if there is a series that takes you're fancy, just keep signing up to that series for the duration of that series.

2) Not to my knowledge, basically as long as you have some knowledge of race craft and more importantly the tracks that features you should be ok. Everyone starts at the bottom so don't worry and be consistent, it's the one thing, which will help you get better. Also, if you are unlucky to get into a tangle with another driver, if you can send out them a PM apologizing or if they are still in the race chat do it then.

3) Yep, you can join them as many times as you like, the points you get during those multiple races will be averaged to a complete total at the end of the tracks cycle. So if you wanted to, you could race five times a day.

4) Some of the bigger YouTubers have these (Random Callsign, Gamermuscle) if you look at the daily schedule you'll be able to find the important information.

Hope that helps
For #2, some seasons they put a Driver Rating restriction on some series, typically of the more powerful and/or unwieldy cars... but there hasn't been a point restriction in the last couple of seasons. For the most part, just come in with a bit of car/track combo knowledge with the intent on racing clean and you'll be happily welcomed by other drivers on the grid.

And a clarification on #4, from the Regulation page here: http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php

Quote:You can race as many times as you like during the week:
  • Up to 5 Races - Counts the best result (points including incidents);
  • More than 5 races - Average of all your races.

This is referring to a particular series, not every series. You could race 5 times in Series X, and 5 times in Series Y and it would still take the top result for both series... if that makes sense. Any more races in either Series X or Y and you start averaging your results instead of taking the highest score. But really, unless you are super talented and can get at least one first place finish without any incidents for 6 entire weeks for a particular series, I wouldn't worry too much about championship points. Just register for anything you feel comfy racing and enjoy!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
[quote pid='26945' dateline='1558120546']
But really, unless you are super talented and can get at least one first place finish without any incidents for 6 entire weeks for a particular series, I wouldn't worry too much about championship points. Just register for anything you feel comfy racing and enjoy!
[/quote]

I'm not super talented but I often get a 102 or at least a 98 every week in one of my 5 "allowed" stints. Seeing that at some point some newbie will crash you out (or you take yourself out Big Grin) your average over more than 5 races will almost always hurt you.

So what I do at the mo is to race with 2 licenses: 1 were I stop after 5 races and 1 where I race freely, even drop back into the field when I'm in nomansland somewhere ahead of the pack to enjoy the racing as opposed to just hotlap on my own.

My IDs both have my real name (one is Chris and the other Christoph). So people do know who I am when we race together but I can race as many times as I like without hurting chances to finish in or near the top 10.

It's a pity that the point system actually restricts how many times you can race if you want to finish near the top. None of the top drivers ever races more than 5 times because any incident would ruin their chances of a podium finish at the end of the season. At the same time it's also undertsandable that you can't have infinite shots at getting a 102.

So for me: 1 competitive ID and 1 which I race with as many times as I like.

Cheers

Chris
I think if you are lucky you'll get to keep one of those accounts in the near future. Good luck!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(05-19-2019, 11:02 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I think if you are lucky you'll get to keep one of those accounts in the near future. Good luck!

I'm not here to break any rules or to make myself unpopular. If the former is the case I'll just delete my "fun" account and apologise. I'm just here to race (more than 5 tmes a week Smile) and enjoy some clean and respectful  duels on track. If having 2 accounts is against any rules I wasn't aware of please let me know and it'll be gone.

Interestingly I read an interview with one of the ACC principals where he talked about the rating system and explained that they only want to compare how you fare against other drivers, and not where you finish in a race. His point was that they want to encourage racing and not stop people from racing becuase they don't want to risk their rating. That happens in PC2 for example, every time you go out you're liable to lose weeks of working your safety rating or points. You can easily lose 30 or more points a race but it's really hard to win more than a handful. A couple  of races with an idiot taking everyone out and your ratings are smashed ... so people prefer not to race.

Same thing also happens in iRacing and got me tired of it. You either compete and get your rating destroyed or you drive behind the pack by yourself, have no fun, but keep your rating intact. Top get anywhere you have to do this for weeks or months! It discourages you to go out and race.

In any case, as I said, not here to make myself unpopular. If I'm braking any rules please just let me know and I'm gone.

Cheers

Chris
Even though having two accounts is strictly against the rules, I wouldn't ban you or make you delete one of them. IMO, having two accounts is forbidden to prevent people evading bans, and you're not doing it. Especially since you don't have anything to gain from it, except to participate in more races. You can't transfer wins from one to the other and gain advantage in the championship. You still have to commit to the main one, and have to make at least one of your 5 attempts count (or all five if you're fighting for the very top). Only thing that would change is you wouldn't participate in as many races as now, and I'm guessing (hoping) that the admin doesn't want that.
(05-20-2019, 12:48 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  Even though having two accounts is strictly against the rules, I wouldn't ban you or make you delete one of them.  IMO, having two accounts is forbidden to prevent people evading bans, and you're not doing it. Especially since you don't have anything to gain from it, except to participate in more races. You can't transfer wins from one to the other and gain advantage in the championship. You still have to commit to the main one, and have to make at least one of your 5 attempts count (or all five if you're fighting for the very top). Only thing that would change is you wouldn't participate in as many races as now, and I'm guessing (hoping) that the admin doesn't want that.

Ops, I guess I didn't read the rules with enough attention. I'm not here to break any of them. When I get home tonight I'll delete my second account and apologise to anyone who may feel that I was trying to get away with something I shouldn't. I'll just race for fun - it's not like I was going to win a championship in any case Smile

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

Chris
(05-20-2019, 01:45 PM)Chris Herrmann Wrote:  
(05-20-2019, 12:48 PM)Igor Relja Wrote:  Even though having two accounts is strictly against the rules, I wouldn't ban you or make you delete one of them.  IMO, having two accounts is forbidden to prevent people evading bans, and you're not doing it. Especially since you don't have anything to gain from it, except to participate in more races. You can't transfer wins from one to the other and gain advantage in the championship. You still have to commit to the main one, and have to make at least one of your 5 attempts count (or all five if you're fighting for the very top). Only thing that would change is you wouldn't participate in as many races as now, and I'm guessing (hoping) that the admin doesn't want that.

Ops, I guess I didn't read the rules with enough attention. I'm not here to break any of them. When I get home tonight I'll delete my second account and apologise to anyone who may feel that I was trying to get away with something I shouldn't. I'll just race for fun - it's not like I was going to win a championship in any case Smile

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

Chris
First of all, to avoid any confusion, I'm not the "official" part of SRS, so this is only my opinion. I'm just a regular user, like anybody else Big Grin

With that being said, I've reread the regulations, and I didn't see it written anywhere either. Maybe it was changed, or maybe I made a mistake and saw it in some post and remembered it wrongly.

If I were you, I wouldn't delete anything, unless the admin explicitly orders you to do so. You're not cheating or doing any harm, so I don't see the problem with it. Keep doing what you've been doing and if the big guy says you should delete one, delete.
[quote pid='27081' dateline='1558366564']
First of all, to avoid any confusion, I'm not the "official" part of SRS, so this is only my opinion. I'm just a regular user, like anybody else Big Grin

With that being said, I've reread the regulations, and I didn't see it written anywhere either. Maybe it was changed, or maybe I made a mistake and saw it in some post and remembered it wrongly.

If I were you, I wouldn't delete anything, unless the admin explicitly orders you to do so. You're not cheating or doing any harm, so I don't see the problem with it. Keep doing what you've been doing and if the big guy says you should delete one, delete.
[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying Igor :Smile If there's no explicit rule I guess I'll wait a bit :Smile

I definitely am NOT trying to cheat or do any harm, just want to do more races without damaging the points scored on my competitive account. If that's not cool then I'll just decide: do a competitve season or just do one where I race a lot.

But I also don't want to anyone to feel that I may take away a fast lap from them or act careless because I'm on my "fun" account and I risk more (I definitely do not!). Or I could get 2 accounts into the top 10. I could understand that someone may feel that I've taken their spot.

I'll behave ... it 't's cool, so much the better. If it's not, then I understand.

Thanks for the feedback Smile

Cheers

Chris