Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire blankets
Do SRS races start w/warm tires?
Cheers
Yes they do Tom
(04-17-2019, 05:53 PM)Will Dawson Wrote:  Yes they do Tom

yeah well when i put my sidekick on percent tire wear and join it starts with 92% all four and goes to 100% wear within 3 laps, then back down again as session continues. Never heard of wear going the opposite way but apparently it does and i'm not sure which setting is doing it, it's not temps and it does affect grip in first 3 laps.
That's just how certain tires are in AC. Kind of like they have a coating on them and you have to scrub it off before the tires hit peak performance. I don't know enough about real life tires to give any insight as to if it's something that's real or if it's just some weird Kunos logic... And as we all know, AC is full of weird Kunos logic Big Grin
(04-18-2019, 01:10 AM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  

yeah well when i put my sidekick on percent tire wear and join it starts with 92% all four and goes to 100% wear within 3 laps, then back down again as session continues. Never heard of wear going the opposite way but apparently it does and i'm not sure which setting is doing it, it's not temps and it does affect grip in first 3 laps.

Are you sure you're not confusing track surface grip with tire wear and grip?

I think in quali track grip starts at 92% and hits 100% towards the end of the session as rubber gets put down onto the track. So your fastest lap will always be the last one, provided you haven't done more than 3 laps on the tires, by which time they ususally start losing grip ... at least in the series I've taken part is it's always been like that.

I tyhink ideal grip scenario in quali is last minute of session on a tire that's on its second lap and fuel for 1 lap - tough to get right, especially beacuse of traffic ... and then not overshoot in t1 ... aaaargh  Smile

Cheers

Chris
(04-18-2019, 01:10 AM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  

It makes more sense to consider it as tyre grip, it is not really wear. You start with less than full grip until you wear off the first bit of rubber then you are at 100% grip. Then as the tyres wear more grip goes off as you would expect.