Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to srs handling issues
All great points but one more to consider I think.

There could be a scenario where a particular PC can handle being alone on track perfectly well but struggles for performance when it has to show a full grid of 23 cars. The less FPS you have the car is harder to control because your system is showing you less up to date information on the screen which causes you to react too slowly and can make the car way harder to control.

In this situation one could conceivably experience a hard to handle car online whilst being able to handle it much easier when practicing in hot lap mode.

So maybe activate the FPS counter in Steam overlay and check if this is the case - you may find you need to reduce some graphical settings to run smoothly online.

Above all don’t aim for pace. Instead drive consistently and pace will follow. Oh and never try and gain time under braking, that is the number 1 mistake of most people.
(04-13-2019, 09:16 AM)Alex Leif Wrote:  All great points but one more to consider I think.

There could be a scenario where a particular PC can handle being alone on track perfectly well but struggles for performance when it has to show a full grid of 23 cars. The less FPS you have the car is harder to control because your system is showing you less up to date information on the screen which causes you to react too slowly and can make the car way harder to control.

In this situation one could conceivably experience a hard to handle car online whilst being able to handle it much easier when practicing in hot lap mode.

So maybe activate the FPS counter in Steam overlay and check if this is the case - you may find you need to reduce some graphical settings to run smoothly online.

Above all don’t aim for pace. Instead drive consistently and pace will follow. Oh and never try and gain time under braking, that is the number 1 mistake of most people.

"So maybe activate the FPS counter in Steam overlay"  .............. Have you looked for settings in STEAM lately? where is it? I had to go to a backup version of windows to get my old steam that had the FPS enabled already and copy anything associated with steam over to my NEW windows and wallah !!! i had the FPS overlay again, otherwise i could not find where to enable FPS counter anywhere in steam.

Next subject is, everytime i do a fresh new install of AC with no profile or settings set, i go thru all the settings and redo just the basics, steering mainly. It is completely undriveable and the car drives like an arcade style game...I have to replace my files with backup from previous version called controls INI and its perfect again...never have figured out why it does it, but i could not drive this sim like that. I always have to revert to my backup copy. I have actually entered an online lobby and my steering revert to the non driveable unsaved settings option somehow other than my saved settings name and i think that may be your problem, ALWAYS make sure your settings are loaded and ONLINE has its own settings and assists options for EACH lobby you join,which may differ than offline. Content Manager has that capability but i haven't used regular UI in so long i couldn't remember what it has.