Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to srs handling issues
Hi, i'm new to srs, using with assetto corsa.
I'm experiencing handling issues with all cars that i use, cars handle fine within assetto corsa i:e quick race, hotlap, practice etc etc.
Yet they have virtually no grip whatsoever when racing in srs even once tyres are warmed up, spin outs occur far to easily and brakes lock with barely any brake pressure applied.
Take the Mazda 787B for example, handles superbly within AC itself, then attempt to race within srs and the car is virtually uncontrolable.
Any ideas or suggestions as to the cause and possible solutions please ?
Thanks
(04-10-2019, 07:28 AM)Adam Mason Wrote:  Hi, i'm new to srs, using with assetto corsa.
I'm experiencing handling issues with all cars that i use, cars handle fine within assetto corsa i:e quick race, hotlap, practice etc etc.
Yet they have virtually no grip whatsoever when racing in srs even once tyres are warmed up, spin outs occur far to easily and brakes lock with barely any brake pressure applied.
Take the Mazda 787B for example, handles superbly within AC itself, then attempt to race within srs and the car is virtually uncontrolable.
Any ideas or suggestions as to the cause and possible solutions please ?
Thanks

Are you normally using traction control with the car? Stability control? SRS uses factory settings with TC and ABS so with the 787b this means no traction control and no abs brakes. Just like the car is on real life.

Perhaps the issue is with the grip levels. Sessions start with 94% of grip (correct me if I'm wrong) and slowly graduate to 100%. I think the race it self starts with the grip level where it was left off after qualifying.
Hi, yes i normally use some degree of ABS and TC, even once grip levels are at 100% the handling is terrible though, any ideas on how to prevent brake lock ups and spin outs without having to resort to driving like a granny ?
If the car doesn't have ABS or TC, there's nothing else to do but practice without them and drive the car as it is meant to be driven.

I highly recommend using "Factory" settings on electronic aids when practicing offline.
And how to avoid lock-ups and spins out? Practice practice practice, you need to pay close attention to your pedal work and realize that brake and throttle are not binary inputs, they have a lot more positions than on or off.

SRS itself does not alter the behaviour of cars in any way.
For the cars that don't have TC and/or ABS it becomes all about the meaty things at the end of your arms and legs. Learn to feather or feed in the throttle on corner exit instead of mashing it. Same with the brakes, you can't just dive super late into a braking zone then smash the brakes 100% until turn in and expect them not to cry like they've just been kicked in the gonads. With high downforce cars you can kick them in the gonads a little bit early on but then you have to caress them and tell them they've been good little baby makers... OK this is turning into a really strange analogy, apologies Big Grin Another thing with braking is don't downshift too early or too quick as that will make lock ups more likely

Basically just take a car that doesn't have TC and/or ABS onto a track you're familiar with and practice until you rage quit, seething with hatred for the car. Then take a short break to calm down, come back and notice you're a little bit better this time. Rinse and repeat. And remember that a lot of us have been in the same situation of learning to drive without the training wheels at some point, it just takes time and practice.
Hi Adam, just incase I thought I'd post this, but it's a long shot. I use the Thrustmaster TX with T3PA pedals. EVERYTIME it starts up, even if my pc reboots, the wheel spins and auto calibrates.....the pedals however do not, and I have to manually calibrate them everytime by pressing them to their extent and releasing 3 times for each one after the wheel has finished. It may be your pedal require some calibration to operate properly but if you've been using all the aids it may not have been necessary.

Just a thought, and a long shot as I said.

One last thing you could try, go into the calibration setting in the SIM (AC in this instance) and make sure the pedals track how you need/want them to with the telemetry just to be sure. If they do, then it's down to practice and patience....TBH, I'd start with much easier lower powered rear wheel drive cars to learn racing without the aids. Good luck fella.
Yeah, I think that's been discussed on the forums at some point. I have the T300RS with the default 2 pedal setup, and after calibration I have to fully depress the brake while in game... otherwise it goes to 100% with just a brush of the pedal. I occasionally forget from time to time and that first turn is always a shocker.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(04-11-2019, 05:36 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Yeah, I think that's been discussed on the forums at some point. I have the T300RS with the default 2 pedal setup, and after calibration I have to fully depress the brake while in game... otherwise it goes to 100% with just a brush of the pedal. I occasionally forget from time to time and that first turn is always a shocker.

yep ive noticed i could have my ABS set to 1 and when i start the race it somehow reverts to 0 without me knowing and woo hoo it locks up T1.
I've also had TC and ABS disable itself on race start for cars that have them... Now I have a starting grid checklist I go through to make sure TC and ABS is where I want them, pedals and wheel are calibrated and such.
Practice, practice practice!!!

Not having ABS on makes you a much better driver too.