Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Servers
Is possible to have more than one Asseto Server at same time?

In case a driver doesn't want drive a car, he can choose another one.
Is that possible?
I see many drivers running away from some "combos" (car/track), but they could race another series.
this has been answered before.
It's not a matter of resources, it is related with attendance.
(03-16-2019, 04:05 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  this has been answered before.
It's not a matter of resources, it is related with attendance.

What is the problem?
I'll  interpret his shorthand as best I can: There are not enough participants to fill the existing races as is, so adding more servers with more options would simply make the existing  scarcity of drivers even more scarce. In short, until every scheduled race is full up with the existing races, there won't be any additional races at the same time.

If you want more car/track combos to be available, find 100+ friends online and get them over here to join us. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-16-2019, 03:38 AM)Marcos Riffel Wrote:  Is possible to have more than one Asseto Server at same time?

In case a driver doesn't want drive a car, he can choose another one.
Is that possible?
I see many drivers running away from some "combos" (car/track), but they could race another series.
I think that is a better idea not create as much servers, but at certain times of the day, change the location of the server. For instance, from 1 a.m. GMT, servers could be American ones for all daily series.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)
I think this kind of happens already, doesn't it? I know for the Sim-Force/JustJean races on Monday-Tuesday, I ping ~140ish on Monday, but like 30 something on Tuesday. I don't know the actual schedule, but it seems pretty clear that some swapping around is being done. Given that both of those races happen at the same time of day just on different days means it isn't a "which hour is it" kind of thing, but some sort of planning is involved.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(03-16-2019, 06:16 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I'll  interpret his shorthand as best I can: There are not enough participants to fill the existing races as is, so adding more servers with more options would simply make the existing  scarcity of drivers even more scarce. In short, until every scheduled race is full up with the existing races, there won't be any additional races at the same time.

If you want more car/track combos to be available, find 100+ friends online and get them over here to join us. Smile

I think there drivers enough, but avoiding some cars. It would be nice have 2 Asseto servers per hour to test this. SRS has almost 20.000 drivers. Lot of friends of mine like SRS but avoid many cars and tracks.
(03-17-2019, 01:21 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I think this kind of happens already, doesn't it? I know for the Sim-Force/JustJean races on Monday-Tuesday, I ping ~140ish on Monday, but like 30 something on Tuesday. I don't know the actual schedule, but it seems pretty clear that some swapping around is being done. Given that both of those races happen at the same time of day just on different days means it isn't a "which hour is it" kind of thing, but some sort of planning is involved.

It only happens on streamer's series. It would be nice, but not a deadly priority to be so.
Eduardo Sá (ºLº)
(03-18-2019, 01:01 AM)Eduardo Sa Wrote:  
(03-17-2019, 01:21 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I think this kind of happens already, doesn't it? I know for the Sim-Force/JustJean races on Monday-Tuesday, I ping ~140ish on Monday, but like 30 something on Tuesday. I don't know the actual schedule, but it seems pretty clear that some swapping around is being done. Given that both of those races happen at the same time of day just on different days means it isn't a "which hour is it" kind of thing, but some sort of planning is involved.

It only happens on streamer's series. It would be nice, but not a deadly priority to be so.
SRS could run a research with it's drivers. See what they want, because i'm sure we're full of interested drivers, but not reflecting some grids.

I personally love old cars, street cars, but some guys prefer GT2, GTE, GT3, GT4, DTM, Tatuus, etc. Tradicional cars and tracks. 

It would be nice to have more than one option/hour. Some series could run entire month, or quarter. If we take a look at stats, DTM 92 always has full grids, GT3 too. So, why not keep that on a different server?

What you think about that?