Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BMW M1 Stage 3 help
(03-02-2019, 05:21 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  try PSI as Alex wrote, TURBO 80 to 100%

brake hard but in straight line then release brakes and turn , look at replay the line , and then push gas after turn as much as possible ,nicely here pays of slow in fast out , not disturb the car a lot, the 2:25 times are easily possible

I was just watching a Driver61 video and was wondering if I should try to trail brake in this car? But you think I should brake hard in a straight line? I usually brake straight and then turn, but this car has horrible understeer.
(03-02-2019, 05:28 PM)Jason Schofield Wrote:  
(03-02-2019, 05:21 PM)Michal Janak Wrote:  try PSI as Alex wrote, TURBO 80 to 100%

brake hard but in straight line then release brakes and turn , look at replay the line , and then push gas after turn as much as possible ,nicely here pays of slow in fast out , not disturb the car a lot, the 2:25 times are easily possible

I was just watching a Driver61 video and was wondering if I should try to trail brake in this car? But you think I should brake hard in a straight line? I usually brake straight and then turn, but this car has horrible understeer.

it is why you must slow the car enough then it turn , when overspeed in corner then cant turn and only losing time
Here is my current PB lap from the last race

2:17.914

(03-03-2019, 12:08 AM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Here is my current PB lap from the last race

2:17.914

Thanks for the video Alex. This was super helpful. I changed to the PSI you suggested and seeing what gears you're in on the turns really helps. I feel like it's starting to make more sense. I only got to do a few laps tonight but already shaved a few seconds off my time and was able to keep this beast on the track.
trail braking is a must for fast times. This car likes really light initial throttle input then build up. Also try and having steering as straight as possible.